This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

Bwa 15:11

Post 1

Beatrice

Bwa haha that is.

We went to see One Man Two Guvnors last night, and the rest of this journal may contain spoilers.

I like musicals and dance, but Rog prefers comedy, so we'd chosen thus play for a date night. I've recently become a friend of the grand opera house, and one of the benefits was a pair of free tickets to a show. I'd chosen good seats in the stalls to be able to see the actors facial expressions -dance and opera benefit from a view point higher up on the theatre.
Actually, there was music. A live skiffle band is on stage or in the pit throughout, and each of the actors plays a "guest appearance" role during the scene changes. I particularly enjoyed the 3 female actors doing a Beverly Sisters style number.

The play is a farce, and relies heavily on physical comedy and slapstick. It also uses audience participation, including some very well acted and believable "plants".

In London the eponymous one man was originally played by James corden, but it was a relative unknown to me actor in this touring version. Regardless, he was astonishingly good, and I haven't laughed so much in ages. Well worth catching it if it comes your way ( Dublin next week....)

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

According to IMDB, there as a Broadway stage version of the play, for which James Corden won a Tony in 2012. It was also featured as an episode of a TV show. With any luck, some version of it will be released as a DVD or film.

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more