This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

From "Our House" to our house

Post 1

Beatrice

Just back from seeing daughter in a performance of Our House, the musical using the music of Madness, in the Waterfront Hall. She was amazing.

She had the lead female role, Sarah, while the male role splits into 2 parts, bad Joe and good Joe. Previously she's always been the main dancer, in all the big ensemble numbers, so it was odd to see her focussing on singing and acting instead. Boy she still has that billion kilowatt smile and cute vulnerabiity which has audiences eating out of her hand. Sure, I'm biased, but I was hearing the rest of the audience comment too.

She was given an award, part of which is some extra work on Kingdom of Thrones, a new TV drama starring Sean Bean, currently being filmed in Belfast. Coincidentally, my niece has an extra part in it too, so if you see it, look out for the serving wench with long ginger hair. (Who am I kidding, you wont be able to take your eyes off Sean, will you Sho smiley - winkeye)

And boy do I love being back on the city. To get to the theatre, I strolled 5 minutes to the station, and got off 2 stops later at Belfast Central. My parents were with me, having called round in the afternoon to see my new house. They brought with them my sister and her family, so it was a very busy Bea-Hive indeed today! Everyone most impressed with the almost complete bathroom, as well as the rest of the place.

And tonight, watching J, of course I felt proud. But most of all I felt lucky. To have such wonderful children, who've come through some trials and tribulations - to have such wonderful parents, who I can talk to and who are incredibly supportive - and to have such wonderful friends, both in RL and here online.

I love you all

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Talented children, wonderful family. What more could you need?smiley - magic

smiley - hug

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

smiley - blush you know me so well, I'll try to find her though (no doubt I'll record it...)

remind us again when it airs???

And you are lucky in your children, but they are also lucky in you. As we are to have you as our friend.

smiley - smiley
smiley - hug

Post 4

You can call me TC

Hear Hear!

Post 5

Beatrice

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Game of Thrones, not Kingdom, sorry. Airs next year on a telly near you.

Post 6

Beatrice

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8547516.stm

some more about the actual filming, taking place in a building formerly used by the shipyard.

Post 7

Milla, h2g2 Operations

So good to hear of your good news and things smiley - smiley

Post 8

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I suppose I meant
smiley - towelsmiley - towel?

Post 9

Beatrice

GCSE results today - 2A*s, 2As, 5Bs and a C. And she already has an A in French from a few years back. So she's decided to go into 6th form at school and do her Alevels - her 2 starred subjects (PE and Spanish) as well as Music (where she got an A) and also Performing Arts. Her Head of Year and the Principal were both speaking to her in school this morning and are delighted that she's returning. I'm so pleased for her - and well done on her getting Bs in Maths and Science as well, her less strong subjects!

Post 10

KB

smiley - magic

Post 11

Sho - employed again!

Oh well done Bea-Junior!

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

Congratulations to your daughter, Bea. smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly

Post 13

Rev Nick

Well done to the young Lady. You must be so proud. smiley - smiley

Post 14

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Mini-Bea? Nahh, she's her own original, right?
Excellent news, send my cheers

smiley - towel

Post 15

You can call me TC

Very sensible, but if she still wants to go into dancing, those two years are very important in her physical development - she should keep practising

Post 16

Beatrice

Oh goodness just try and stop her dancing! She's still got ballet classes, including teaching the wee ones, MT4UTH and stage school, as well as another hip-hop class once a week. And is keen to get involved with maybe another local operatic/ musical company. If she has the time!

Post 17

Beatrice

Dashing round buying school uniform last night (and fluffy pencils and stationery and punched pockets and cute baby highlighters etc)

There's a staggeringly short period of time between results day (Tuesday 24th) and back to school (Tuesday 31st), and of course I'm away this weekend.

Post 18

Sho - employed again!

they seem to be going back very early - we always went back on the first Monday in September (for the boarders) and school started on the first Tuesday.

Mine are back to school on Monday. Thankfully the desire for pink, sparkly, fluffy things has abated. When they're older no doubt it wil return. (but I do love the cute baby highlighters - so much so I got some for me...) Although the joy at not having to go the pink, fluffy, sparkly route is slightly ameliorated (right word?) by the "need" to have everything plastered with the Converse logo. smiley - grr

What the heck is a punched pocket though...

Post 19

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Sho, it's a clear esselite to fit in files/binders.

Post 20

You can call me TC

"Prospekthülle" - I had to look it up for the wedding file I did!

Key: Complain about this post