This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

aaaaargh!

Post 1

Beatrice

Just nipped home at lunchtime. My credit card bill had arrived.

I looked at it - it was serveal grand more than I expected.

I looked at it more closely - £800 in a hotel in Bruseels, £900 in somewhere in Frankfurt....

...Someone's been using my card details smiley - yikes

On hold now to Visa. smiley - sadface

aaaaargh!

Post 2

Zak T Duck

smiley - yikes

aaaaargh!

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - yikes

What a shock. Let us know how you get on?

smiley - cuddle

aaaaargh!

Post 4

Dai the Death, "My other sink's a Porsche"

Been asked by LS to post an update as se is currently without internet exercise and having to rely on that quaint old thing called the telephone! smiley - biggrin

The Visa company were very helpful and all of the fraudulent transactions have been highlighted with them and they are arranging to "credit" her account and pass on details to their fraud squad.

Dai

aaaaargh!

Post 5

Dai the Death, "My other sink's a Porsche"

"as she is currently even"

Damn typing skills smiley - biggrin

aaaaargh!

Post 6

wildcat58

smiley - yikes

Someone did that with my debit card a few months ago. Wiped out my checking and had started on tiny my savings account! smiley - grr Thank goodness I discovered it within just a couple of days. I reported it and the bank returned the money to my accounts after about three weeks. They had to investigate the fraud before they could do that of course.

Maybe Visa can catch the person who did this to you. Mine was a small amount of money, so they didn't think the bank couldn't take much time looking for the jerk.

aaaaargh!

Post 7

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

I bank with HSBC, and I have a CardGuard policy which covers this. It's £44 for 3 years. I'd check to see if your bank does this kind of policy. I'd recommend it.

aaaaargh!

Post 8

You can call me TC

... says Felonious Monk "The piano thief" smiley - winkeye

aaaaargh!

Post 9

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

...and if I were you, I'd get a PPP (Piano Protection Policy) !

aaaaargh!

Post 10

You can call me TC

*checks credit and debit cards and piano - all present and correct*

I do hope LS gets this sorted out - wouldn't wish something like this on anyone. Obviously it's a good idea to pay the extra for a good name and have the certainty that this situation is covered.

for Lsmiley - star

aaaaargh!

Post 11

Beatrice

Thanks, peeps.smiley - hug

Visa do seem to be on top of it - most common form of fraud these days, apparently smiley - erm

Meanwhile, my jinxed week continues: my phone had stopped working at the weekend. I went home at lunchtime to wait for the "Hey baby I'm your telephone man". Discovered I'd managed to dye the inside of the dishwasher a fetching shade of green smiley - laugh

Went onto the balcony for a pensive cigarette, and stubbed it out in a plant pot. Went and had lunch. Was about to step onto the balcony for a post prandial fag, when I discovered 3 burly workmen putting out the fire that I'd started in the (peat-filled) plant pot smiley - yikes

Ya gotta larf, eh?

aaaaargh!

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

when I write the short story based on your last post, and become a famous author, I'll invite you to a book launch

smiley - hug

it never rains but it pours.

*is very happy not to have a credit card*

aaaaargh!

Post 13

wildcat58

Thanks, Felonious Monk, but I don't think my bank here in the States offers anything like that. I do have some type of IdentyTheft protection policy that they charge for on a monthly basis. So, if someone gets my info and tries to open new accounts in my name smiley - erm I'm covered, and they will help with the legal fees of getting all that straighten out.

aaaaargh!

Post 14

wildcat58

Gosh, Lucky smiley - star it has to get better! smiley - cheerup

Has the credit card company taken care of everything? I bet you have to fill out all kinds of paperwork too, and send it back to them. Don't you.smiley - erm

aaaaargh!

Post 15

You can call me TC

And I thought I had it bad with a fridge full of meat for roasting to feed 16 for lunch on Sunday and my oven packing up on me Saturday evening, when I switched it on to bake the three cakes I intended to serve them all.

aaaaargh!

Post 16

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - headhurts

<>

Your card doesn't have to be "missing" to be being misused.

Your card/s could have been cloned at any time that you have genuinely used them.

I'm now very wary of using cards and try to pay cash, but then there's always the chance of getting a forged banknote if you deal in cashsmiley - erm

Lucky Queen of England doesn't have these problemssmiley - yikes

Glad Visa are sorting it for you LSsmiley - ok

smiley - galaxy

Key: Complain about this post