This is the Message Centre for James Casey

Hi KC

Post 1

Bluebottle

Sounds like, in many ways, you and I have very similar interests. I too like the Beatles, and my name should suggest I like the Goon Show too. smiley - smiley
I can't believe you've been here over a year, and yet no-one has said "hi" yet! Well, "hi" from me. smiley - smiley
See you around,

<BB<

Hi KC

Post 2

James Casey

Woah! Just looked at your userpage. Monty Python, the Goons, the Beatles, Gilbert & Sullivan, the Manfreds, Macca, Red Dwarf, Star Wars, Arthur C. Clarke, John Masefield, DNA, Blackadder - you have impeccable taste!

The only pure Wings stuff (as opposed to McCartney) I've listened to is Band on the Run and Back to the Egg - love 'Baby's Request'.

Hi KC

Post 3

Bluebottle

Hi KC, sorry I've not replied for a fortnight, I've not been ignoring you - I've just not been here. smiley - sadface But it's so good to know that we've got very similar tastes. Sadly, though, "Back To the Egg" is the only Wings album I don't have, and so is the one I don't really know, but fear not - I'll get there eventually! What particular Macca albums do you like? I think that "Flaming Pie" is definately one of his best, "Flowers In The Dirt"s good too. Which do you like?

Hi KC

Post 4

James Casey

I don't have Flowers in the Dirt but 'This One' has an amazing melody. Isn't 'Put it There' off that one as well?

'Flaming Pie' I got as soon as it came out. A few dodgy moments but 'Calico Skies', 'Somedays' and 'Beautiful Night' are are good as anything he's ever written. One of the best albums I've ever heard.

He seriously needs to update his 'All the best' album. And why isn't 'Maybe I'm Amazed' on the CD version? Madness!

Hi KC

Post 5

James Casey

I don't have Flowers in the Dirt but 'This One' has an amazing melody. Isn't 'Put it There' off that one as well?

'Flaming Pie' I got as soon as it came out. A few dodgy moments but 'Calico Skies', 'Somedays' and 'Beautiful Night' are are good as anything he's ever written. One of the best albums I've ever heard.

He seriously needs to update his 'All the best' album. And why isn't 'Maybe I'm Amazed' on the CD version? Madness!

Hi KC

Post 6

James Casey

I love it when a post is displayed twice. Makes the person who posted the message look like a complete div.

Hi KC

Post 7

Bluebottle

I definately like "This One", and yes, "Put It There" is on "Flowers In The Dirt" too. I bought the tape when it came out, but it looks like I'll have to buy it again to get the extra tracks on the CD, though. But it's still a good album.

As for "Flaming Pie", you're right, there are some weaker moments. His jams, for example, show that they are jams - the only jam that I think worked very well was "Under Pressure" by Queen & David Bowie, although I don't know how many other songs started as jams. On "Flaming Pie", though, the song I think is the weakest is "Souvenir", which in an interview I heard PM say was his favourite track, and not everyone likes what everyone else likes. But "Somedays" and "Beatutiful Night" are definately two of his best ever, and "Calico Skies" has a wonderful melody.

You're right about his "All The Best" album, definately - he may well do another. I can't think of any reason why "Maybe I'm Amazed" isn't on "Paul McCartney: All The Best". I can accept that he didn't want to reprodruce the "Wings Greatest Hits" album, but surely "Maybe I'm Amazed" deserved another listen?

Hi KC

Post 8

James Casey

One of my finest achievements on guitar was working out the Maybe I'm Amazed solo. It's so good!

Hi KC

Post 9

Bluebottle

It must be quite rewarding to be able to play the guitar - I never was very good at musical instruments. I play the Bugle, though... You can't play anything you can listen to on that, though, as it only has 5 official notes...
But I enjoy listening to "Maybe I'm Amazed", there's even a classical version of that song on his "Working Classical" album, and that's interesting to listen to...

Hi KC

Post 10

James Casey

It took me about two years to be anything approaching reasonable. Obviously a lot of those years involved working out the chords to things like 'A Day in the life', 'Lady Madonna'...smiley - smiley

Like most people I can play about four notes on a recorder.

And yes, Working Classical is good stuff.

Hi KC

Post 11

Bluebottle

Don't mention the recorder to me! My ten year old sister attends a school where, like most primary schools I've seen, the teachers "encourage" the pupils to play the recorder, and set them homework to play it every day. Of course that means that for the last few years my sister has been blowing it as loudly as possible, making the most vile noises, and so I am absolutely fed up of the whole instrument.
I bet the N.U.T. are the main shareholders of the largest recorder making company in the world, which is why they get all the pupils to buy the wretched instruments.
I've nothing against the recorder if played well, but school kids simply can't play it well.

Sorry for the ramble - it just shows how much better people like the Beatles are. Of course, they started off unable to play, but encouraging those who want to play and have talent, and forcing those who don't want to and don't are completely different things!

Hi KC

Post 12

James Casey

Okay - if Macca was to redo his 'All The Best' album, what would he take off and what put on?

Hi KC

Post 13

Bluebottle

A very good question. The main thing to decide, I guess, are what are the least best of his best? Hard decision to make. I like too many of his songs. I'd want a "Best of" album that was at least the size of the Anthology CDs.

Hi KC

Post 14

Researcher 163460

£2.41
does that mean 2 for 1? TWO FOUR ONE?
HMMM
That is the price for home warmth in britain.
I too liked JOHN LENNON, until he was shot in the land of the free.
I respect mother queen.
E II R
She has taught me in CA NA DA
CND AAA
AAA CND
CND AAA

CND AAA CND
CND ANA CND
CND AAA CND

KC
are the initials of a great friend of long ago in my life.
KC was a french boy working for the ger MAN
He was smart.
And I LOVED HIM VERY MUCH.
He showed me the way of his goodness, and I believed in him.
HE BELIEVED ED.
AND HE DIDN'T SOMETIMES
But we lived in the same house for a time, and he asked me to write the book.
And so here I go.
The BOOK.
THE BABEL

IF YOU MAY SPEAK IN THREES.
THEN YOU MAY SPEAK.
IF IN TWO,
YOU
ARE HUMAN BEING.
I IS ONE SCRATCH IN THE SAND
ii ARE YOUR CHILDREN, AND THEY LEARN
eee IS WHEN YOU HAVE rEspEct AND ALSO an E
east on WAS A MESSAGE FROM MY FATHERS, AND i am GAY
happy was and is always and shall be, IN e
eee
eee
eee
HEHEE
HEHEEHEEE
HEEEHEEHE
HEEEHEHEE
THEY ALL END IN E
E IS A CONSTRUCT
IT IS A SYMBOL
i AM NOT AFRAID OF IT.
E IS IN THE SKY
ADD UP THE STARS
FOUR OF THEM, IS BEYOND THREE
AND YET YOU MAY SPELL THEM IN THREES...
THM

THEM

REMOVE THE RESPECT, AND REPLACE IT WITH INTEGRITY.
INT GRITY
GRIT
GREAT
INT INTERNATIONAL
INTEROPERATIVE
INTERROGIATIVE.
SPEAK AND THINK WITH THE POWER OF E
E IS LIGHT
E IS DARK
E IS GRAVITY
E IS POWER
E IS LOVE
IS PAIN
HAS HURT BEFORE
NEVER AGAIN
R U UNDERSTANDING ME?
i LOVE
i learn
i teach
i know
i am a boy
i am you
i am just like you
i love
i lived
i laughed
i will love
i will live
i will laugh AND PRETTY HARD ... CANADA'S BEST KEPT SECRET IS eh?
HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA
HEHEHEHEHEHE
HOHOHOHOHOH
HAHAHAHAHA
EVER WATCH REN AND STIMPY?
i AM LAUGHING AT KIKAFRASI'S IDEAS, OF REN LAUGHING INSANELY, AND STIMPY SMILING.
WALLACE AND GROMIT THEN? or chicken run...
i respect the flashing light.
i respect the people it saves.
i respect the world we have.
i respect the god the son and the spirit.
i respect myself.

easton forever has a website>>> EASTON.WEBHOP.NET
ONLY SHARE WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD.
we are all good.
EVERY LAST ONE OF US.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for James Casey

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more