A Conversation for Stethoscopes

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 41

Giford

Congrats!

Gif smiley - geek (who never gets scouts fighting over his entries)

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 42

Witty Ditty

Well, I suppose the sub-ed will change the lub-dub thing. I just thought Josh was going to do that before it would have been so swiftly recommended by the distinguished scouts.

Ah well. So much for advice.

Stay smiley - cool,
WD

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 43

Josh the Genius

I fixed the "lub-dup" thing. I don't want to make the sub-editor's job too hardsmiley - smiley

Josh
smiley - doctor

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 44

Witty Ditty

smiley - smiley

Josh - it appears that our distinguished scouts have been fighting smiley - winkeye over who picks this one first smiley - smiley

Sorry if I came across all nasty and horrible; it is a smiley - cool entry smiley - smiley

Stay smiley - cool,
WD (steth in the one pocket, sphygi in the other smiley - doctor)

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 45

Ormondroyd

Nice one Josh - very well deserved! smiley - doctorsmiley - ok

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 46

Witty Ditty

... I forgot to add - the blood isn't pushed from one side to the other on the closing of the mitral and tricuspid valves (I'm trying to eat, read and type at the same time... not an easy task...).

What happens is that the valves separating the atria from the ventricles snap shut. The tricuspid is the valve separating the right atrium from the right ventricle, the mitral valve, the left atrium from the left ventricle.

The left and the right sides of the heart never meet - separated by a wacking great wall the name of which escapes me briefly.

I'm not sure how late is is, but there is an great entry on Infective Endocarditis which is one condition which can cause heart murmurs - A618923 if you so wish to link smiley - smiley

Sorry to add to your work Josh smiley - smiley

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 47

Josh the Genius

No problem! I reworked it and tried to be sufficiently vague. I didn't want to get to far off the subject at hand.

The sentence reads: "The 'lub' sound is caused by the mitral and triscupid valves closing."

How's that?

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 48

Witty Ditty

smiley - ok

Perfect - explains it in enough detail without getting off the point smiley - smiley

I'll leave you alone to relax now smiley - winkeye

And congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Stay smiley - cool,
WD

A695207 - Stethoscopes

Post 49

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - biggrinsmiley - cake

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more