A Conversation for Keep the Fjords Norwegian

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 1

Peaceful Dragon (napping)

Hepp!

This is where you sign up for the campaign!

Velkommen!

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 2

easilyPb

Hepp! (I guess this means Hi?!)

I, easilyPb, hereby pledge my virtual life to defend the Norwegianness of the fjords against all who would sully them and will do all I can to prevent the dilution of their majesty and splendour.

P.S You should promise free lutefisk - more people will join if you do smiley - winkeye

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 3

In my book Hepp! means whatever I want it to mean, so... yes, when you guessed you hit the nail! The word was originally uttered by a very silly magician in the exact moment he flung aside the hankie from his hat to reveal the rabbit that I suspect had been in his hat along. (Could be I remember wrong here, and that I actually invented the word myself.)

I have just put you up as Initiator, Second Defender and Lifetime (and beyond) Honorary Defender. Hope you like it! You can claim other nice titles, if you like, of course. Everything to keep the fjords in Norway!

I'm not so sure about the free lutefisk, though... I have met only one Researcher who actually said I'd better not even *try* to keep it all to myself, the rest have a tendency to run away when I mention it... smiley - erm

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 4

easilyPb

Hepp it is then!

Cool!
I have linked to this on my page and added a title to my nickname. The campaign gathers momentum!

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 5

smiley - cool Hepp to the Defenders!

And we are having two conversations going! Now, that calls for a smiley - cheers!
Simulpost *and* a double conversation on the same day! Soon they'll make us Gurus! smiley - biggrin

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 6

easilyPb

Hepp smiley - cheers to the Fjord Defenders!

Hopefully we haven't just insulted the Guru's by saying that any monkey could do their job smiley - winkeye.

I had a thought: should we have a uniform? I'm thinking perhaps a lusekofte and perhaps some lobber(I think that's how you spell it, though it may be only one b and probably has an funny O with a \ through it)?

smiley - biggrin

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 7

smiley - laugh

Actually I've never seen any Guru at work, but they love flashing those badges. Hepp knows if they're doing anything at all.

Lusekofte sounds perfect, so I second your suggestion straight away, and declare lusekofte the Fjord Defenders' Official Uniform. Good work, smiley - ok Second Defender!

Not so sure about your lobber suggestion, though, but that's only because I can't figure out what it is you are refering to. smiley - erm

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 8

easilyPb

Thank you First Defender! smiley - ok

Apparantly Lobber are traditional Norwegian shoes, with pointy toes that curl upwards and look very silly smiley - silly, but I have only read about them. Do they sound at all familiar?

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 9

Cybercat

I`m up for it!!!smiley - biggrinsmiley - smileysmiley - cool

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 10

easilyPb

smiley - cool!
Hepp & welcome Cat!
I'm sure you will look stunning in a lusekofte! smiley - winkeye
I'm sure the First Defender will be along soon to swear you in, but in the meantime, pull up a sakkosekken and help yourself to some lutefisk. smiley - ok

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 11

Cybercat

smiley - cool Thanks

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 12

Good morning/afternoon/night, Cybercat!

I see our Second Defender has been showing you around the premisses! Very good! A big Hepp! and a hearty welcome to you! Don't you look dazzling in that lusekofte, by the way! Glad to have you on the team, I'll put you up as something nice on the Defender list as soon as I can!

And don't forget, whenever you hunger for some lutefisk, I'm just the right person to ask!

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 13

Ah, yes, now I understand what you mean - but those are Lappish. Labber,ladder,ladda. And, yes, they do look rather silly. They have a couple of fjords up there, but they don't seem to be very happy about it. The lapps, not the lobber.

Oh, and while I'm at it. I have noticed you are very good with words, and we need a manifesto. Can you handle that?

I was thinking something in the lines of uhm... we are not nationalists or geo-fascists, that our mission and goal is a nobler one, and we're not going to sing the Norwegian national anthem because it's so d**n ugly and they don't sing fjord even once, and we welcome all genders and species, actually I have no idea what gender and species you are (I tend to think 'she' but appologize if I'm wrong), and that we essentially are a nice bunch and not very millitaristic. We do not carry weapons (if you count out the flashing colours on our lusekofter).

And the rest you can invent as you go along.

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 14

Event Horizon

I visited Lysefjorden last summer smiley - biggrin, and am absolutely convinced that it should remain Norwegian!
Sign me up!

Hepp smiley - winkeye

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 15

Thank you for your support! You are hereby enrolled among the Defenders of the Norwegianness of Fjords!

Hepp & velkommen!

And have some lutefisk before you go out and campaign! You might need the strength!

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 16

Event Horizon

Couldn't send over some 's and 's too could you? smiley - bigeyes they were fantastic!

smiley - cheers Andy

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 17

Sure! Here you are: ! smiley - cheers
I understand your name is Andy - would you prefer being called Defender Andy to Defender Thinker? It's important we get these things straight right from the start to avoid confusion and tears.

And here's some more smiley - biggrin

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 18

Cybercat

Hi again.

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 19

Hi!
I'm taking the easilyPb approach today:
smiley - coffee?

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN HERE!

Post 20

Cybercat

Hahahahaha
(*Takes a cup of smiley - coffee)
Mmmmmmmm thankyou. So how are you?
My last day at college today then I break up for a week and 2 days but I`ll definately be back on after that!smiley - biggrinsmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post