A Conversation for Talking Point: Rudeness

Dear motorists - LEARN TO DRIVE!

Post 21

Deb

I followed someone indicating right the other day. He'd started indicating right in order to move in front of me so I knew it was just left on rather than indicating anything, and I wasn't quite sure what to do - should I flash him?* And if I did, what if he didn't understand what I was getting at? Do I start some mad gesticulating in order to get my point across? After about 2 miles of uncertainty he solved it for me by indicating left.

But is there some kind of etiquette in a situation like that?

Deb smiley - cheerup

*no, not like that!

Post 22

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I sometimes wonder if these people are in new cars and have forgotten that to indicate right in a French car, for example, the levers are opposite to say a Japanese car smiley - smiley

Post 23

NPY

Could be a point there.

I sat at a junction a couple of weeks ago and at least 3 people passed indicating left. It was clear it hadn't cancelled from the roundabout at the end, but was still annoying coz I was there for ages trying to get out.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more