This is the Message Centre for Area42 Researchers - Need Your Help

We Would Like to Down Load Your Memories ;-)

Post 1

Area42 Researchers - Need Your Help

Hi
Area42 will soon be a reality. You may not wish to register as an official Area42 Researcher. Your help, none the less, would be appreciated.

Do you have a favourite memory or experience on site you wish to share.

We would like to hear it.

We could include it in the area42 pages - if not - it will be here for all time for others to read.

Thanking you in advance
vegiman & Taliesin

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

My first edited entry - that I wrote myself, all on my own! smiley - wow That was smiley - cool!

Which one?

Oh - this one, of course!smiley - biggrin

<./>A500491</.>

Post 3

Area42 Researchers - Need Your Help

And what else comes into your mind when walking down mwemeory lane.
aka veggiesmiley - smiley

Post 4

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

Almost my first action on h2g2 after registering was yiking an entry.
smiley - erm I still feel ashamed that I did not first contact the author.
It concerned A569991 from Crescent, describing four mongolian throat singers. The problem was, and is, that most of the entry is copied directly from the booklet included with the CD, so I yiked it as a copyright violation. Later on it was returned by the editors.

So maybe late, Crescent, my apologies for a hasty action.
And I stil think, that if it is reorganised and with proper credits, it is a good entry for the edited guide.
I like the guys, have seem them often in Amsterdam and also own their CD.

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

The reason I was so overwhelmed discovering I had written something that someone found worth being edited is that I had never written an article in my life before joining h2g2 - and for the first couple of months I had no intention of contributing, finding it too much w*rk, English being a foreign language to me...

...until I found there were no entries in the guide on Flamenco! Outrageous! Unacceptable!smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Just having registered and still a bit unsure about what I had joined, I was enormously flattered that someone had actually noticed my arrival and bothered to come around and welcome me (ACE).... somebody noticed little vague, elf-like insignificant me....smiley - flyhi

Having had very little experience with the Internet before I joined, except for some rather unfortunate attempts at joining chat rooms - first question: Do you masturbate? Not hi or welcome or anything! This almost set me off completely - good thing I found the guide!smiley - ok

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Discovering continuity - and discovering I had happily thrashed around breaking it completely in some conversations...smiley - blush

Spent the next few days looking for my mistakes and apologizing...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Area42 Researchers - Need Your Help

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more