A Conversation for The Presentation of Jesus in John's Gospel

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A27167853 - The Presentation of Jesus in John's Gospel (In progress)

Post 1

Bookmouse

Entry: The Presentation of Jesus in John's Gospel (In progress) - A27167853
Author: LibrarianPear - U2218784

Hello all. I've been working on this for a long while (on and off) and I think it *might* be finished, but I just wanted other people's opinions about whether they think it needs more work or whether it would be safe to submit it to the Edited Guide.

All comments gratefully received, but please be gentle! Thanks, LP.

A27167853 - The Presentation of Jesus in John's Gospel (In progress)

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

I think this is tremendous. I'm not an expert on the subject matter, but I see no reason why this shouldn't go into PR straight away. I just found one minor point confusing:

'The author of John’s Gospel...'

I've always presumed that the author was John, but I'm obviously wrong smiley - smiley The gist I got from reading your Entry is that we're not sure who the author of the gospel was, and if that is the case it's probably worth mentioning right at the start, give us a bit of explanation.

Nice work smiley - ok

Post 3

Elentari

I'll have to come back later, but if Skanky thinks it's ready for PR, I'm sure it is. Hopefully I'll be reading it there! smiley - smiley

This is one of the entries listed on the Challenge h2g2 page, isn't? The life of Jesus through the gospels is one of the ones they really want.

Post 4

bobstafford

Well I cant see much to say other than well done.

A small point an addition please, can you cover the differance between Gnostic and Synoptic a footnote will do it just avoid confusion
Gnostic and Synoptic the words are similar to the casual reader

(from Greek gnōsis, knowledge)
(from Greek, opsis, seeing)

Plus a word or two to define the differance.

smiley - applause good work smiley - cheers I am imprssed.

Bob.

Post 5

Fizzymouse- no place like home

Dazzling work there Librarian.smiley - cool

I just spotted one typo -

>> Glorify the Son, that the Son my glorify you- John 17:1 << Son may glorify smiley - biro

and I don't know whether I missed it or not but John 3:16 I think is possibly the most famous of all bible verses.smiley - winkeye

I'd put this in PR if I were you.smiley - applause

smiley - mouse

Post 6

Bookmouse

Hi Skanyrich, thanks for your comment. According to most scholars we're not definitely sure about who the author was. It most likely was John, but some scholars disagree. I will briefly mention this at the beginning and try not to get bogged down in it!

Post 7

Bookmouse

Hi Elentari (sorry am replying to comments individually, otherwise I'll forget who asked what!). Yes, this was on the Challenge page and I was silly enough to take it on! It's taken me ages to actually get round to (hopefully) finishing it.

Post 8

Bookmouse

Thanks Bob. Will add the footnote as you suggest.

Post 9

Bookmouse

Hi Fizzymouse. Will alter the typo, thanks for spotting that!

Post 10

Bookmouse

Have now made suggested changes. Would anyone mind having a look and letting me know if it's ok? Thanks.

Post 11

Elentari

My only two comments - and they're really more PR type comments - are these:

"Jesus as king of Israel(verse 49)," You need a space before the bracket there.

Also, I'd like it if you could put a footnote explaining what logos means, and also italicise it as a foreign word. Not sure if that's House Style though, to be honest.

It's definitely ready for PR. smiley - smiley

Post 12

bobstafford

This is finished as far as I can see, good work off to PR I'd say. smiley - cheers

Post 13

Bookmouse

Well, I am going to put it into PR and see what happens...

Post 14

Skankyrich [?]

smiley - goodluck

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more