A Conversation for The True Story of 'The Story of O' by Pauline Reage

A651070 - Mobile Phones - The best entry in the world

Post 1

Researcher 177183

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A561070
I am submitting this entry to the peers review because it is incredibly funny and sums up everything you need to know about the title - mobile phones

Post 2

Researcher 177183

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A123456
I quit agree this is the most amazing entry, it is so witty and yet so informative

Post 3

Slartibartfast

Badly typed drivel ... still, you gotta start somewhere !

Post 4

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Bit of a harsh coment slarti!

Though I don't think this will get into the guide tho it may be humourous, to much non-factual stuff and too many I's.

What was the second link about Researcher, it didn't take me anywhere!

This will probably end up in the sin bin, tho it will liven up your sace and make it look less empty
*realises he hasn't seen the reasearcher space so dashes off to check*

Z.

Post 5

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Nothing there but tumble weed!

You obviously can write researcher so how about putting some stuff on your space, hit the edit button in the right hand column and then people can drop in and say hi and drink all your tea while sending you down the shop to get some milk!

smiley - winkeye
Z.

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

Hi Researcher,

First problem: there's already an Edited article about Mobile Phones.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A112366
And it's pretty good.

Second problem: The market for witty little opinion pieces slagging something off becoming Edited entries has dried up. There's a firm commitment to entries which provide information or rare insight (though they can also be funny, and preferably well-written too).

Third problem: you don't actually know more about mobile phones than the bulk of people reading your article, nor have you done any actual Research. I'm sure that there are other things you *do* have extra knowledge on - your home town, or some hobby you enjoy. Perhaps a club of which you're a member. Much better to write about those - a better chance it hasn't been covered, and a better chance you'll get recommended. But please do keep writing.

GVI

Post 7

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

I agree with you, GVI.

Unfortunately the Entry does not contain any information that has not yet been covered in the Guide.

Researcher 117183: Please activate your personal space. We can discuss the reasons for sinbinning this Entry over there, I'll be happy to explain it all to you.

Jeremy

Post 8

Frankie Roberto

Actually the mobile phone entry in the Edited Guide isn't much more informative, it is just better written. There is no information about how they work, for instance (network of cells), practical information about how to use the phones, or anything else that might actually be considered useful.

I do actually like the humorous style of H2G2, but I am starting to think that if it is to take off as envisenged by Douglas Adams, it needs to be somewhat more useful, as well as entertaining.

Thread Moved

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'The True Story of 'The Story of O' by Pauline Reage'.

Back to Entry - there is an Edited Entry on the subject: A112366 Mobile Phones

Key: Complain about this post