This is the Message Centre for Evangeline

4 November 2011

Post 1

Evangeline

Today was a very long day. It started early, stretched out in the middle and isn't near over, yet. Thankfully, it's mostly downhill from here.

The 'North/South' discussion came up, again. I was looking for a local store from which a friend could order a turducken, at the time. That discussion is always good for a few laughs. Well, down here anyway. smiley - winkeye

For instance:
It's all 'coke' no matter what flavor of fizzy stuff you're drinking.

Nascar began as a bunch of bootleg whiskey smugglers racing the police across state lines (really).

Alligator is dinner and a pair of boots.

I have made a roux before deciding what else to cook for dinner.

And this is one of my favorite bits of Cajun speak, 'I done tole them dat dey don't need to be going and doing all dat'.

Confused? Try Y'at speak. Y'at speak is the mostly New Orleans accent in which 'Where are you?' is synonymous with 'How are you?' except it is pronounced 'where y'at?'.

4 November 2011

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

This is a great bit of writing - and I just wanted to pop by and say I'd enjoyed it ( and your other journals too)

Lanzababy

smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Evangeline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more