This is the Message Centre for Z

long time no chat!

Post 621

Feuille v. 2

It's me! Again! Come back from the dead!

smiley - biggrin

(You do remember me, right? smiley - wah)

Just thought I'd say hello smiley - blush

long time no chat!

Post 622

Z

Cause I remember you! How are things doing?

long time no chat!

Post 623

Feuille v. 2

I'm ... not too good right at this very moment but on the whole I'd say things were okay. I'm at southampton doing biomedical sciences. a master's, no less.

congrats on doctorhood smiley - smiley

hey

Post 624

The stone eater aka SigSig (SI) - webmaster

Hey,

Remember me? Im on your msn and you have my old name on your friends list.

You never talk to me anymore smiley - cry

*Jumps up and down for attention*

See ya around.

V smiley - cheers

hey

Post 625

Z

Ahh.. That would be because I accidently left my MSN on whilst I did a week of nights, (and didn't come home from work in the days)

I'm still talking to you!

How are you?

hey

Post 626

Not that great to be honest. Depression is coming back big time nad is not being helped this week by the amount of rape being shown on tv, in Holby and Hollyoaks, and the fact i have exams. Still i have my psych block next wich should be easy as i personally know a lot about it all.

On the plus side i have got back into this site. Its brill, wish it came in pocket size so i could carry it on ward rounds!

How is being a doctor? I have only a year and a half left and am so scared of actually having responsibility.

V smiley - cheers

hey

Post 627

Z

It's really good fun actually. I'm doing a rotation with an elective four months in psychiatry as well as in Medicine and Surgery. I've done general surgery and am just starting psychiatry: had my first day today and it all seems great fun so far. Just trying to get my patients trust - they seem to not be used to doctors who want to talk to them and see how they are!

hey

Post 628

I was like that with my psych , didnt want to tell her anything that she didnt directly ask. i even managed to get discharged by lieing and saying that everything was fine. If she had bothered to cheak she would have seen fresh cuts all over me. Im sure you will be a good psych though.

Im hoping that my experiances will give me an advantage on this placement. I am torn between being a psych and a GP still and hopefully the next few weeks will help me decide.One of my friends said it can really mess with your head and sometime you belive the delusions untill you walk away and have time to think about how imposible what they are saying is. Have you found that at all?

hey

Post 629

Z

Well I've only had one day, but that's known as transference, which is a well known phemonomen, if you are talking to a depressed patient you feel depressed.. I think the key is to be in touch with your feelings.

See how you find psych, you might really enjoy it! Do you do any General Practice in your course? I did my elective with a GP in Scotland which was really good fun.

hey

Post 630

Z

I'm sure you're experiences will help you. I was on a placement with a psych who was Bipolar, and he used to tell his patients that he was living proof that they could get better. It seemed to really work. Lots of people go into psych because of their own experiences, including the current president of the Royal College who was inspired when he had depression.

Oh and don't watch holby city it's pants.

hey

Post 631

sorry my comp crashed..

Im planning my elective to south africa. I was hoping to do obs there but all the palces have been taken so im prob going to do medicine at a pupura hospital. Its not what i had hoped but im sure it wiol be very interseting. And since we no longer have to do a project, just a reflective diary, i should have plenty of time to learn to dive smiley - smiley.

Btw i got really low last night and took 10 ibuprofen. That shouldnt do any long term damage should it? my pharmocology knowlege is shockingly bad.

hey

Post 632

Z

Gosh I have to admit I really don't know: I have no idea what the dangerous level is of NSAIDS. I'd have to check on TOXBASE and you only have access to that from A and E departmens - I've finished my week of nights y'see.

hey

Post 633

Never mind im sure ill be fine smiley - smiley.

Im trying to convert my friends to using H2G2 instead of lycos chat but since they havnt read the book im having a hard job explaining it to them. They dont knwo what they are missing out on! i just found a great article on how to have the perfect bath smiley - smiley

hey

Post 634

Z

During my apprasial at the end of my last post I found out that my Consultant was a regular lurker on h2g2! Fortunatley he only reads the articles and has never got into the conversations (<phew&gtsmiley - winkeye!

hey

Post 635

i couldnt cope with any of my real live friends reading what i have put on here. Mum told me she had found it last week but luckily i managed to put her off. One of the disadvantages of this over a live chat is that your posts are kept forever and open for anyone to read. Mum already wants me to give up med school, if she read this she would make me move back home! *shudders at the thought*

i have started to write an article but have put it on hold till after my exam on friday. Will you look over it once im done?

hey

Post 636

Z

Sure! Most of my articles started out as revision notes. I wrote far more in third and fourth year than I did in final year, you can't do much of an article on 'dosage of Digoxin' can you?

If you're concerned about people finding you can always change your name you don't have to start a new account, and you don't have to give so much information away on your home page. Perhaps you could just say you are a medical student in the UK, and choose a user name with something that didn't involve your actual name.

If you have posted something that you feel reveals too much personal information you can always yikes it, and explain the box why you feel that you accidently revealed too much personal information. The Ed's are very understanding.

I refer to the hospital where I work as 'Hospital X' and don't mention which part of the Midlands I work in.

The advantage of it being a public message board is that people do tend to behave better, if they act like t**sers then *everyone* will soon find out about it.

hey

Post 637

Z

Anyway it's twenty to two and just because I don't have to be on a ward round at 8am tomorrow morning, doesn't mean that I don't need to sleep.

hey

Post 638

goodnight, sleep well

Hi

Post 639

bright-eyedTeresa

Good morning Z, what an interesting name. I am new here however am finding my way slowly bur surely. Will come back around and to the book room, I love to read.
Ciao,
BET

hey

Post 640

kookieboo

I just wanted to drop you a note to say...this is my first time and im totaly lost HELP ME MAN !!! lol

Key: Complain about this post