A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

30 November, 2001: Proposed Standard for GuideML 1.0 Released for Comment

Post 1

The H2G2 Editors

Soon we're going to define exactly which tags are implemented in GuideML, disabling all other tags. To kick off the discussion about which tags we should be supporting in GuideML we've put together a Request for Comments on the Proposed Standard for GuideML 1.0 at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A665309

If you're a GuideML user, make sure you have your say before it's too late and your favourite tag is left out of the standard!

Post 2

shagbark

I hope you keep the LINK H2G2 tag and the PICTURE tag. I also use the SMILEY tag sometimes. And of course we need a tag for external links but I don't care what it is as long as it workssmiley - doh.

Post 3

shagbark

I hope you keep the LINK H2G2 tag and the PICTURE tag. I also use the SMILEY tag sometimes. And of course we need a tag for external links but I don't care what it is as long as it workssmiley - doh.

Post 4

Alexandra Marie Chaser, Keeper of Voices, graduated Sunday, 8 June - and Very Happy

I use a lot of:
TABLE
TR
TD
LINK
PICTURE
SMILEY
SUBHEADER
BR
P
...so please be sure and keep them smiley - grovel

Post 5

Alexandra Marie Chaser, Keeper of Voices, graduated Sunday, 8 June - and Very Happy

oh, and HR smiley - smiley

Post 6

Pete, never to have a time-specific nick again (Keeper of Disambiguating Semicolons) - Born in the Year of the Lab Rat

OL
UL
LI
BLOCKQUOTE
I
B

are all useful too.

Key: Complain about this post