This is the Message Centre for Rvolution9

Why do peole HAVE TO hate?

Post 1

Rvolution9

I'd like to tell you a bit of what's happening in my country as i see it and what's happening in my head generally.
Well, there are two groups of people here, one is the Israelies and the other group is the palestinians. I'm an
Israeli and my real problem is that hatred between the two groups, but actually it's not only between these two
groups, let's take the Israelies, so there are those who came here from Europe and those who came from
Marocco,Spain and some more places, and there is hatred between these two groups too! And then there are
the more religeous (jewish) people and the less religeous people, AND THERE'S HATRED BETWEEN THEM
TOO!!! So I look at all this hate and i ask myself why? what's the big deal of getting along, it really isn't hard at
all. So I'm saying this just to make people know. to make you (and me) think what can happen in my country
befor people realize how stupid this whole situation is, and why couldn't we avoide it. I know all sound
corney and all but think of it for a secound, it can be avoided VERRY easely.
So why doesn't it?  

Post 2

halavana

People don't have to hate. The problem is with human nature. My mother substitutes for librarians in a public school system. She often says to children "You don't need any enemies." One little boy responded "But you have to have enemies!" He didn't even know why. The problem of evil hits all of us one way or another. When we recognize it we can avoid it, but all too often evil come in a good disguise. The notion of "It's US against THEM" is so wide spread, it will take an act of God to dispell it.
I'm a Baptist, which makes me persona non grata to a lot of people in Israel. When I was there in the early 80's the church I attended was fire bombed. I don't think anyone found out who did it, but certain people were unusually silent on the matter. However, a Synogogue on a street near us came en masse to our service with their Torah scroll the following Shabat (we met on Saturdays). Since a lot of us spoke or were studying Hebrew we all sang the same songs and had a great time of worship.
Some people seem to think that if they show any regard or friendship to someone they disagree with, they will compromise their own beliefs. Well, we were still Baptist, they were still Jewish. We would have myriad disagreements in any discussion but we were able to coexist.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rvolution9

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more