This is the Message Centre for ecotype

spume

Post 1

ecotype

smiley - smileyToday has furnished me with a rare excuse to use the word "spume". To whit:

Went down to Fenella beach, next to Peel Castle, this lunchtime just after high tide. It was even more blustery than usual, with such strong winds that the little road onto the breakwater had a "road closed" sign up due to the spectacular waves crashing across it. Naturally the citizens of Peel were falling over each other to get onto the breakwater and enjoy the spectacle. We drove carefully around the sign.

Picture this: a force 11 gale (70mph) is blowing a straight westerly up the beach, with massive, rolling breakers smashing against the base of St Patrick's Isle (the rock on which Peel Castle is built) and throwing breathtaking thirty- and forty-foot high sheets of white spume into the air. The weight and grandeur of these huge waves almost puts them into slow motion, so that the frilly leading edges of the breakers seem poised for ages..... before suddenly hitting the rocks, rearing up into the air, and showering down on the castle boundary walls.

It is St Patrick's Isle as painted by Hokusai.

Or so I like to think.

spume

Post 2

Dancer (put your advert here)

Oh, ecotype, such beutiful jurnal, I missed you and your writing... how are you?

smiley - hsif
Dancer

spume

Post 3

ecotype

Shalom, Dancer!

Yes, I'm still here and despite the breezy weather I'm still keeping my hair onsmiley - biggrin

I'm well. I've been spending a lot of time restoring my little house, and exploring some of the interesting places on the Isle of Man, now that the Foot & Mouth restrictions are lifted. Also working hard. Like you I enjoy my work, but it can be quite demanding at times.

The sea is quite calm now, but I get the feeling that it has more drama in store for us over the next week or so...

Hope you're well and dancin away like crazysmiley - smiley

spume

Post 4

Dancer (put your advert here)

hi, i'm fine.

I dance a little less (ok, who am I kidding, alot less!) but that's:
1. tmporarry
2. refreshing
3. ok

I still dance though, but I quit the company I danced with.

Also, I'm working a little more now and I get to be on h2g2 a bit more.

I'm feeling well, and I think it is good for me to have this break.

Peace,
smiley - hsif
Dancer

spume

Post 5

ecotype

You're happy, that's the main thingsmiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ecotype

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more