A Conversation for Computers

economics

Post 1

Skip

Soon it appears it will be completely impractical for anyone to be in any industry other than computer building or maintenance, thus leading to the demise of shoe shops everywhere.

economics

Post 2

Cedrik

Except, I feel, for those shoe shops that cater for that particularly hard wearing shoe/boot that all technicians etc seem to wear

economics

Post 3

Fat Mammoth

This will inevitably lead to the death of the human race through the sprread of a deadly form of athletes foot.

economics

Post 4

Orange-Utan

Surely atheletes foot is due to wearing overpriced trainers and doing exercise!
As the world becomes dominated by computers, surely exercise will not be neccesary.
This will lead to the extinction of current foot fungii, and hopefully Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc.

economics

Post 5

Garion

No, the shoe companies don't die. On computer's everyone will say 'I'm wearing a really expensive shoe.' and Nike, etc. will make millions making VIRTUAL SHOES, demising family local virtual shoe buisnesses.

economics

Post 6

jonty

I am reporting that somebody mugged my computer and stole my virtual shoes (blue NIKE's). I hope my foot rot eats his virtual toes of.

economics

Post 7

Garion

You mean VIRTUAL foot rot. To make sure my V-Shoes don't get stolen I put the Melissa virus (and Back Orfice trojan) in them. Evil LOL.

economics

Post 8

Researcher 27508

EVERY ONE KEEPS FORGETTING THE POOR (SOLES) WHO INHABIT THE TWIGHLILT WORLD OF THE VIRTUAL SOCK BUISNESS, CMON GUYS GIVE A SOCKER AN EVEN BREAK!!!!!!!!

economics

Post 9

Researcher 33337

I hear that. the problem is that the current virtual fasion in virtual shoes is to wear them without virtual socks apparently in order to avoid virtual foot oudour. This means that my virtual sock buisness has colapsed in a virtual minute and I now sell virtual bunion powder.

economics

Post 10

Gabes

I find that wearing shoes without socks makes the odour VIRTUALLY unbearable.

Gabes

economics

Post 11

sushi lover

Erm, does "reality" get a look-in here or do you all live inside the computers who apparently started this virtual feet business?!

economics

Post 12

Tomthumb (43028)

I saw a computer with his virtual socks pulled right up to his virtual knees the other day. He looked a right spanner I can tell you.

economics

Post 13

Sparhawk2k aka Phillip

I would reply to all this but I think I'd just get a headache... smiley - smiley

economics

Post 14

Garion

my god! i've created a monster! thread!
well, nothing for it. i now have size one million virtual sgi workstation shoes, that would cost you a small solar system but *i* have.

Key: Complain about this post