This is the Message Centre for egon

Egon enjoys a wedding

Post 1

egon

I went to a wedding at the weekend, the first I've been to since the age of five. My cousin was getting married, and it was fantastic. An unusual approach to wedding cakes, a hymn better known to the congregation as a football anthem, a ludicrously nice hotel, my Uncle managing not to stammer during his "father of the bride" speech. Anotehr cousin bringing her boyfriend, an Ecuadorean financial analyst with a PhD, home to met the family for the first time- about 100 in one go.

And also, the first dance was to the best love song ever- Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel, the wedding band were a white soul band and the DJ just played good music and didn't speak.

Oh, and I drank for 13 hours, including a bottle and a half of Pinot Grigio, five glasses of champagne, the most expensive bottle of Brown Ale in history and most of the hotel's supply of Hoegarden.

Egon enjoys a wedding

Post 2

Mu Beta

Nob any bridesmaids?

B

Egon enjoys a wedding

Post 3

egon

No- I'm related to all of them.

Egon enjoys a wedding

Post 4

Mu Beta

That's a reasonable excuse. Unless you're from the Forest Of Dean, of course.

B

Egon enjoys a wedding

Post 5

McKay The Disorganised

In which case the only wedding you'd attend might possibly be your parents.

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for egon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more