This is the Message Centre for egon

Edinburgh, Cowdenbeath, Karine Polwart, Sam Semple, Robertson's 37 Bar.

Post 1

egon

I've ahd avery nice weekend. Went to Edinburgh with a friend. Got rather piddled in Robertson's Thirty Seven bar on Friday night- there was an offer of a free hat if you dranke nough famous grouse.

On Saturday, we headed to Cowdenbeath for a football match which was postponed, although we only found that out somewhere around Dunfermline on the train, as I was reading the paper. So we went all the way to Cowden, had lunch and then came right back.

Then on Saturday night we mosied on down to the Queen's Hall music venue where critically acclaimed award winning folk singer Karine Polwart was playing a gig supported by former h2g2 staff member Sam Semple.The gig was fantastic- Sam 's set was very impressive andd his choice of songs fitted the atmosphere of the venue perfectly. Karine then completyely blew me away wioth her breathtaking brilliance.

At the interval, I'd had a chat to Sam while he was selling his album, and we agreed to meet him for a drink in the bar after the gig. When Sam did join us in the bar, it was to invite us backstage for the after-show party in the dressing rooms. I then spent a couple of hours chatting to Sam, and also ahd a brief chat with Karine, while getting slightly more drunk by the minute on the complimentary drinks- Stella and sparkling wine. Ended up leaving the venue about quarter past one- two and a half hours after the gig finished. And leaving by the fire exit out of the dressing rooms, which confusingly led us ontoa completely different road than the one we's entered the venue from.

Over the weekend I learned several things:

1)Always check the weather reports for Scottish football matches.
2)KArine Polwart is a fantastic singer
3) Sam's even better live than he is on CD.
4) Sam is also a Very Nice Chap.
5) Kris Kristofferson really *is* much underrated.

http://www.karinepolwart.com
http://www.samsemple.com

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

I take it all the typos are in some way linked to your nice new hat??

Post 3

egon

Added to general uselessness.

Post 4

clzoomer- a bit woobly

If ye drinkest nough famous grouse, what did ye drinke instead?

smiley - winkeye

Post 5

McKay The Disorganised

Kris Kristofferson is indeed highly under-rated, I've been a fan for years (30 years) - God that's scarey! smiley - yikes

I assume said hat is green with a small feather ?

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for egon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more