A Conversation for People for Peace

A quote

Post 1

Clare

'What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?'
GANDHI

A very thoght-provoking quote I found the other day and which I've been looking for people to show it too.

Enjoy smiley - ok

A quote

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Too bloody right!

Thank you for posting it here.

B

A quote

Post 3

Clare

My pleasure. I wish I could post it somewhere where Blair and Bush would see it. Worth a try, anyway.

Clare.

A quote

Post 4

a girl called Ben

Unfortunately there is none so blind as won't see... smiley - sadface

Thanks again, Clare.

B

A quote

Post 5

Clare

Selective blindness - it's not big, it's not clever, but it's very easy. Ask today at the Blair and Bush school of government (Protest management faculty) for course details. Bring your own angry protest and learn how to ignore it.

A quote

Post 6

a girl called Ben

smiley - laugh
smiley - wah

A quote

Post 7

Clare

smiley - smiley
smiley - sadface

A quote

Post 8

Clare

One of those things that's only funny because a whole lot of other things are very sad.

Another thing...
In March, there were lots of protests near where I live. My sister (age 8) and I made a banner - her design, 'peace' in rainbow accross the middle, a world and a heart above and a creeper of flowers round the edge. She said thoughtfully as we were painting, 'you know Clare, this war is really fun.' (pause, feeling this maybe wasn't such a good thing to say) 'well, the peace bits of it anyway.' smiley - rainbowsmiley - sadface

Another quote

Post 9

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

"... In the Post-Cold-War world, there is no collective security, no international will to protect the weak against the strong; the lesson [is] that to win freedom and security for one's people requires neither a sound argument nor a good cause but a big army."

- Laura Silber, Allan Little, The Death of Yugoslavia

That's pretty bleak, but there's a lot to it that rings true.

JTG smiley - peacedove

Another quote

Post 10

Willem

Thanks for the quote Clare!

Money, don't forget money! Money is the ultimate security these days, and lack of money the ultimate insecurity. Money is the best motivator as well. Whoever has the money controls the rest.

Another quote

Post 11

purplejenny

money is power.

Another quote

Post 12

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Not my money. smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post