A Conversation for People for Peace

Time for a revival, I think

Post 1

echomikeromeo

This place appears to have gone dead... and yet there couldn't be a better time to wish for peace.


Time for a revival, I think

Post 2

echomikeromeo

I appear to have got the smileys wrong. Let's give that another go?

smiley - peacesignsmiley - peacedove


Time for a revival, I think

Post 3

Deidzoeb

It seems like there are a lot of h2g2 researchers who already oppose the war. Maybe we could use this group space to talk about other ways we've tried to spread the message? It'll help encourage each other that we're not the only people in the world opposing the war, even if we're the only ones in our town or family or wherever. And it can help us share or debate methods for getting across our message.

I'll start off. I haven't done any activism at all lately, but several months ago I bought some little green army men and glued messages to the base of them. "Bring me home" or "Support our species. Bring me home." Then I left them in public places, in hallways at the mall, on store shelves, outside window ledges. I don't know if it changes people's minds, but I think it gets them thinking from a different angle. People remember playing with the plastic army men when they were little, and they don't expect a political message to be attached.

I read about the idea from www.mouthswideopen.org where you can see photos of insidious little protesting army men from around the country.


Time for a revival, I think

Post 4

echomikeromeo

I've been meaning to organise a peace rally at school for some time now, but the press of life keeps intruding, unfortunately.smiley - sadface


Time for a revival, I think

Post 5

Goldylock

James twyman holds peace concerts all over the world. It's worth subscribing to his newsletter and following some of the links.

There is also a healing site whic suggests saying `Only love prevails' any time you feel angry or bitter. Om shanti is a very good mantra to use, i think.

Aloha, mahalo (just love the sounds of the words)

lis x smiley - cuddle everyone

pass on the hug....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more