A Conversation for Left Handedness

Advantages of left handedness

Post 1

DrNog

I have never found my left handedness to be a disability, quite to the contrary, in fact. I am a far more difficult opponent in any sport involving a bat or racket than any right handed player of a similar skill. Also I find that I have been able to adapt to living in a right handed world to my benefit, for example I am able to operate my computer mouse right handed while performing, simultaneously, and with incredible accuracy; any number of tasks such as writing, typing, eating, drinking etc with my left hand. So my message to the world on behalf of all "poor" left handers is that; not only are we equal to the right handers out there, we are better in a many areas too!

Post 2

Researcher 194652

I have to say that I do just about the opposite of DrNog. I too am left-handed, but play most sports right-handed. I use my computer mouse left-handed, and have ordered from IBM USA a left-handed keyboard (which cost a fortune!). The numeric keypad is on the left!
I write with my left-hand, although the rest of my family are all right-handed, and to a degree I can write reasonably well right-handed, having been taught, until my parents realised that I was left-handed to use my right-hand.
There is a shop in Nottingham called 'Anything Left-Handed', who do all sorts od pieces for left-handers.

However though, I am the most artistic in the house, which is a trait of left-handers being more artistic!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more