This is the Message Centre for The keeper of all things Yorkshire and defender of muffins (1x(8-3)+5x7+2)

AI Artificial Intelligence

Post 1

The keeper of all things Yorkshire and defender of muffins (1x(8-3)+5x7+2)

Don't go and see AI. It's the biggest pile of dingo's kidneys that i've seen in a long time. Trite, occaisionally objectionable and not really worth the ticket cost. And i left my wallet in the city library and had to cycle like a very fast thing to get it and then get to the cinema... I am a fool.

Post 2

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

I agree. However, I thought that Teddy was the best of a bad lot.

Post 3

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

I agree. However, I thought that Teddy was the best of a bad lot.

Post 4

Oberon2001 (Scout)

I would just like to put my bit in...
I first watched AI around 2 weeks ago, so this gave me a chance to view it on it's own merits, without all the hype that surronded the release of the film in the cinema. I loved it! I think the problem with the cinema release was that it was marketed as a child's fairytale not as an adult's (which it undoubtly is).
Perhaps the only criticism I have of the film is the ending, a bt too far-fetched for my liking, but I went with it nonetheless.
Oberon2001

Post 5

The keeper of all things Yorkshire and defender of muffins (1x(8-3)+5x7+2)

Wow, that has to be the longest break in a thread I've seen, ever!

I still think AI was a bit bland and /nice/. Stephen Spielberg's stuff normally has some substance to it as well. And i didn't think it was "magical" enough to be a fairy tale. Maybe I'm a grouch. Each to their own smiley - winkeye, but I was disappointed.

Y

Post 6

Oberon2001 (Scout)

smiley - sorry I've got a habit of posting to conversations that have long since died down. Still, each to thier own smiley - cheers
Oberon2001

Post 7

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Aye that has to be a record smiley - biggrin

smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The keeper of all things Yorkshire and defender of muffins (1x(8-3)+5x7+2)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more