This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2013--November 15

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The new power cable for my laptop arrived today. I have a laptop that won't suddenly shut down on me! And since I can use my own laptop again, I have a consistently working spacebar and don't have to go back over EVERY. Single. Line. to insert spaces when I'm done typing!

Since I was having so many improper shutdowns before I gave in and just started using Tom's laptop exclusively, things were a bit messed up. I had to run Checkdisk, but things were messed up enough that I had to go back to a restore point first. I couldn't restore until Checkdisk was run, which wouldn't run until I restored, which I couldn't do until Checkdisk was run, which wouldn't... I think you get the idea. I finally thought to hit F8 during startup, and finally got to attempt a restore through the repair menu. The restore didn't complete, but it evidently went far enough, because I managed to run Checkdisk at the next restart. No more corrupt file pop up windows!

It's nice when all it takes for computer repair is less than $7 and time...

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

And now for a short archive binge on my bookmarked webcomics...

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Glad to hear your laptop is better. The other thing you could do now is get a new battery for it, although that will cost more than $7.

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It would be that expensive? smiley - sadface

Post 5

I've been running with a battery that won't hold a charge for a while now. Let's see, I think Notepad was 3-4 months old when I got this used, and she'll be 5 in Februarysmiley - yikes

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Can laptop batteries be recharged? If so, their initial expense would not be a big deal.

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Laptop batteries are normally recharged every time you plug them in. I got one for my laptop and it was about $40.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more