This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2013--November 4

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

The flock is now integrated--when I got home today, the lighter of the new girls (now named Souffle) was on the same side of the fence as our older birds. She either flew over (not likely--all the chickens have a clipped wing--if you clip both, they aren't off balance) or squeezed between the fence and the wall. Doesn't matter, really, because they're getting along well.

Shortly after posting yesterday, I went out to change the water and fill the feed bowl on the new girls' side. I left the people door open for a few seconds too long... The darker of the new girls (now named Quiche) ran out and quickly discovered that I couldn't reach her if she went under the shed--especially if she went to the center (it's 8 feet by 16 feet). PaperKid wasn't quite small enough to fit under, and Notepad was convinced there were bugs and smiley - spidersmiley - spider under there. We told her that the chicken ate them all, but she didn't buy it. She did, however, finally go under for a bribe of extra candy from PaperKid's Halloween stashsmiley - laugh Quiche was eventually chased into the garage, which I'd opened in hopes that I could find a net or something (turns out we don't have any fish nets), where she hopped up onto a stool. We closed the garage door, then I grabbed her, and out we went to the coop, just before sunset. No more worries about racoons--or our dog.

Post 2

Superfrenchie

smiley - smiley

Post 3

Deb

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

HappyDude

A friend of mine recently intergrated two rescue chickins with the two she already had, seemed to take a few days for them to sort out the pecking order but all was fine after that.

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - hero

This looks like a job for...........smiley - drumroll Rescue Chicken!

Post 6

HappyDude

*giggles*

A local (to my friend) provider of organic eggs was closing up shop (for reasons unknown to me) and iirc it was something like over 120 chickens needed re-homing (all were found new homes).

Post 7

Researcher 14993127

smiley - frogsmiley - spacereddit

smiley - cat

Post 8

Baron Grim

BMT... every time you do that, I think you're mentioning or maybe promoting the website, reddit.com and it very briefly confuses me because I can't find the context. smiley - sillysmiley - laugh

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - strawberry

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more