This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I have some pretty cool RL friends, too.

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I mean, we all know h2g2 folks are great--goes without saying, really. But I'm currently sitting listening to http://fugville.com/kfugradio/jj-cale-hour/, which is DJ'd by my friend/boss/teacher-I-work-with (who I've been trying to get to join the subset "h2g2 friends" as well, 'cause I think he'd like it here). As a lot of you know, this time of year, Tom and I spend a lot of time in a plywood shack selling people black powder and other chemicals wrapped in cardboard and paper to support our ministry and the emergency food bank that's a small part of it. "J J Johnny" mentioned us on his show, though I could've provided better copy...

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Argh! Darn comma. Try http://fugville.com/kfugradio/jj-cale-hour/ instead.

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Fireworks are illegal here in the Republic of Ireland. We have to smuggle them in from Northern Ireland for Halloween.

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hi, Amy. Your husband's name is also Tom. It could get confusing if you talked about Tom without specifying whether he was your husband or your friend.

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

Why do you assume Amy is talking about someone other than her husband?

Post 6

She said "friend/boss/teacher-I-work-with." Is that a code word for "husband?" If so, I didn't realize. smiley - doh

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

It seemed clear enough to me that JJ Johnny was the friend she worked with, and that she and Tom were manning the Firework Stand.

Post 8

J J Johnny is mentioned at the end of the first post. He has some kind of a "show." Is he a disc jockey on his show?

Post 9

I think I've figured out where I went wrong. Amy mentioned the friend/teacher, and the first name she mentioned was that of Tom. I thought it was Tom she was talking about. It was J J Johnny. smiley - blush

I think my mind is frying with the heat. smiley - puff

Post 10

I probably could've been clearer--not much sleep has been had by anyone in this house this last week. Except for the dog--she's not lost any sleep.

Post 11

Thanks, Amy. We're in the middle of a heat wave -- 90 degrees or above for several days in a row. My fan is laboring valiantly -- hope it doesn't breaking down. smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post