This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Notepad's OB information--1/26/08

Post 101

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yes, some mothers give birth to octuplets smiley - evilgrin

If you were one of those mothers, the ultrasound would have alerted you long ago.

Post 102

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I also would be a whole heck of a lot biggersmiley - winkeye

Post 103

Granted.

Post 104

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Good luck for when it all kicks off - the arrangements at your hospital sound great, how lovely to just be in the one room throughout, and that Tom could stay if he wanted to. Here you might start in the antenatal ward, give birth in the delivery room, depending on how it went may then move to the observation ward, then to the postnatal ward. The delivery room is the only one you get to yourself unless you pay a lot on top for a private room (or in our case have such a crappy time that they give you a private room for free) - and even then there may not be one available. The usual ward setup is that you have a bay (bed, chair, side table, space for crib, no room for anything else) surrounded by curtains, in a ward with five other women and their babies. Dads are only allowed in during set hours (eg 9am to 6pm), other visitors get an hour and a half in the morning and the same in the evening. Nobody is allowed to stay.

I think this is in an effort to get you to go home asap!

Another friend of mine who was hoping for a vbac got her wish, but was only an hour from start to finish! Hope yours isn't quite as rapid as that, but hope it doesn't drag on too long either smiley - ok

Post 105

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Well, Faith took 6 hours from my being 4 cm to her being in my arms, so I figure siblings will fall out! Unless it's like one RL friend of mine--her first was as fast as Faith, and her second took 36 hourssmiley - yikes (Of course, I'm not certain if she ws counting early labor or not--my early labor with Faith was sporadic and about like menstrual cramps. Those that knew me then may remember that I had a gap of a few hours during early labor...)

Post 106

smiley - goodluck

Notepad's OB information--1/26/09

Post 107

Just fixing the date in the subject line, don't mind me...

Notepad's OB information--1/26/09

Post 108

Just got around to digging through Faith's old journals--she dropped 17 days before she was born. Assuming this time, the lightening is closer to the birthdate...

smiley - grovel Please just wait until after Sodit's appointment for the free carseat, Notepadsmiley - grovel (Though, technically, Dontbry would be OK, because Tom could go to the appointment instead, but it'd be simpler if I went. I just want to be able to bring Notepad home!)

So guess who'll be busy this weekend?

Notepad's OB information--2/3/09

Post 109

OK, looks like I was getting worried about timing for nothing, as Notepad's still firmly in heresmiley - silly

Anyway...

Not much OB info this time, because I saw the other doctor and didn't think to get the numberssmiley - doh M's been giving them to me pretty much automatically, since she knows I store them (not sure she knows that I share them with the world, thoughsmiley - laugh)

Weight is 184.7--Yay, it went up! Not by much, but definitely not down, for a change.

I saw my blood pressure numbers, but I don't remember what they were. In line with what they have been, though.

Uterus is bigger, but again, don't know the actual figure.

Baby's heartrate was good.

Don't know the position, because Dr. T didn't checksmiley - erm

I did ask Dr. T if I have to be quite so strict, diet-wise, after Notepad arrives (I do know I'm to follow the diet and take blood sugar levels until my post-partum appointment, when they'll test me again to see if I'll have diabetes when not pregnant.) I don't! So I can have an occasional bowl of cereal or glass of juice. I just have to be sensible.

Next appointment is 2/10, with Dr. S.

Post 110

I'm glad that you will get to be sensible. Maybe you'll manage it when I'm not here to corrupt you? smiley - evilgrin

Post 111

AlsoRan80

Very dear Amy.

I was fortunate in one way because both my sons were prems - born at 8 months. The only oine I waited for was my daughter who arrived nine months after she was conceived. Three children under the age of 2 years and eight months. Whew!!!!And I fed them all. It was the only time I was able to rest. !!

Good luck to you all.

Much affection

Christiane.
AR80

Notepad's OB information--2/10/09

Post 112

Again, I won't have all the usual numbers, but I have most of 'em.

Must be at 38 weeks--Notepad's due in 10 days, so if I wake up still pregnant, I'll have been pregnant longer than last timesmiley - ok

Weight--185(.3, I think)

Blood pressure--125 over 68

Notepad's head down.

Uterus measured 35 cm.

I had Dr. S check my cervix, since Faith had been 9 days early, and I'm 50% effaced (softened) and at 2 cm. 2.5 days before Faith was born, I was 80% effaced and at 2 cm. So I think it's safe to say I don't have to worry about not being able to get Faith to school early for her field trip to the Ashland Science Museum (I want to go, but I doubt a trip 3-4 hours away is a really great idea right nowsmiley - winkeye) but I don't know if I'm going to make it to my baby shower on the 16th. This weekend could actually be pretty convenient, since Faith has both Lincoln's and Washington's Birthdays off, so it's a 4 day weekend... Then again, Dr. S pointed out that cervical checks can stimulate things enough that labor can start--certainly hurt enough!

Next appointment is 2/17 (theoretically smiley - winkeye) with M again.

Notepad's OB information--2/10/09

Post 113

Hang in there! smiley - cheerupsmiley - goodluck

Key: Complain about this post