According to the Borg

Post 21

Grimethorpe2k1

Silly? Who's being silly?

Grime smiley - smiley

According to the Borg

Post 22

Grimethorpe2k1

smiley - ok OK, smiley - corncob Jack the (jolly green) Giant,smiley - aliensmile, great toadying will get you anywhere. As Oscar Wilde once said, 'anyone who doesn't think flattery (toadying) will get you anywhere has never been flattered (toadied to)'.

I'll forgive you just this once, but don't forget to read, learn and inwardly digest the syllogism:

1. The Hitch-Hiker's Guide was once on TV, (and repeated recently in Britain).
2. Everything in the HHG TV series was absolutely true (except where it differed from the radio and/or the books - so it was more or less certainly true, except for the bits that weren't)
3. Therefore everything on the TV is true - even on the BBC.

(Socrates - The Symposium)

Grime smiley - smiley

According to the Borg

Post 23

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

I don't think you're silly, Grimethorpe2k1, old chum, although your name's a bit of a mouthful, and fails to drip off the tongue as malodorously... er, melodiously as my humble monicker. And I'm certainly not silly, just because the vast majority of what I say and do is only distinguishable from silliness by the connoisseur.smiley - weird

But, on the other hand, jwf, you're spot on to say that having that chap with the unpronounceable name about is, in the words of Martha Stewart (a paragon of truth and virtue, if ever there was one), "... a very good thing".smiley - ok

Join-the-guerillas

According to the Borg

Post 24

Grimethorpe2k1

Aw, I'm just zis guy y'know...smiley - smiley

Tell you what, Jimmy, I'll raise you a further three feet smiley - zen for bein' so nice.

Grime (rhymes with rhyme) smiley - smiley

Apparently

Post 25

Grimethorpe2k1

Apparently, the Alteriinsidelegians of Altair 5C believe that every important word begins with ALT, so they believe the ALTernative answer to the ALTimate question is really ALTitude.

Guess that puts you in a pretty powerful position smiley - zen, JTG.

Grime smiley - smiley

Apparently

Post 26

Grimethorpe2k1

Unless they had an alterior motive.smiley - smiley

Apparently

Post 27

... like being at the controls of a runaway train with no way of Altering its course, as it rushes past a squeaky-voiced station master shrieking, "...'Alt! 'Alt!".smiley - yikes

Jump-the-guardrail

Apparently

Post 28

Grimethorpe2k1

smiley - headhurts Ouch! Where are the smiley - monsterMonitors smiley - monstersmiley - monster when you need them?

ALTogether uncalled for ! smiley - biggrin

Grime smiley - smiley

Apparently

Post 29

It's about time someone exercised some Control over these ALTarian DElinquents.smiley - alienfrownsmiley - geek

JTG

Apparently

Post 30

Grimethorpe2k1

I was thinking more of British expats in Canada telling excruciatingly painful jokes. smiley - groansmiley - wahsmiley - groan

Do you know of any - i think the natives call them alienssmiley - aliensmile

This message is an alt-joke free zone smiley - biggrin

Grimesmiley - smiley

Apparently

Post 31

smiley - alienfrown... among other things.

I had hoped you wouldn't notice, but I'm afraid it must be obvious... I wear a prosthetic sense of humour.smiley - geek

JTG

Apparently

Post 32

Grimethorpe2k1

It suits you smiley - ok

Thank Zaphod you didn't do a sex-change joke based on your being an 'ex-pat'. I was smiley - groandreading smiley - groan that.

Grime (JZGYK?) smiley - smiley

Apparently

Post 33

I thought about it.smiley - winkeye

Apparently

Post 34

Grimethorpe2k1

Don't even think about it smiley - groan

Apparently

Post 35

But what am I supposed to do with the new frock?smiley - wah

Apparently

Post 36

Grimethorpe2k1

No comment! I could tell you, but kids have access to this site !

Grime smiley - angel

Apparently

Post 37

Yes. I quite agree. Monsters and all... Wouldn't want to offend (harumph).

[Twiddles imaginary Kitchener mustache in a way that evokes a sense of gruff embarrassment]smiley - clown

JTG

According to the Borg

Post 38

Pip

I'm up for the Naughty Ruth theory - where do I sign up for this great religion?

Pip smiley - winkeye

According to the Borg

Post 39

Grimethorpe2k1

smiley - winkeyeS'easy. Just go straight ahead until you get to the near galaxies, then straight ahead til you get to the far galaxies, then straight ahead til you get to the Hubble Deep Field Galaxies, turn left at the last one in Hubble's range, go to 2397!245?/5364!!989ia , convince them you're a yer.kajwefbaveijuhan (not one of their blood-enemies the kjsadts, who they kill on sight), and you can sign up immediately.

Then smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin Share and Enjoysmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin

[Or you could try the Travellers Rest in Guildford on a Saturday night]

Grimesmiley - smiley

According to the Borg

Post 40

Henry

I thought it was the question that was in doubt, not the answer?

Grime - if this is the case, I'll still put "Who's round is it" down as my favourite.

Frogbit.

Key: Complain about this post