A Conversation for The H2G2 Queen Fan Club

Queen h2g2-entry ???

Post 1

TowelMaster

Hi,

I have just been searching for an h2g2-entry on Queen and I can't find one! Is this true? Do you know of any good Queen-entries ? If not, I volunteer for the task. After all, the first LP I ever bought was Queen I... smiley - winkeye

Greetz,

TM.

Queen h2g2-entry ???

Post 2

Orcus

Go for it TM smiley - smiley

Actually it was my first idea for an entry but there were a few unofficial ones and being a timid newbie at the time I didn't want to tread on anyone's toes.

Now it just seems such a daunting task. If I were to write it it we such a huge entry it would be unbelievable and I still probably wouldn't consider it did them justice smiley - erm

Queen h2g2-entry ???

Post 3

TowelMaster

Oh it's going to be a HUGE entry!!! Perhaps one of the lengthiest entries in the guide so far smiley - winkeye Well what do you expect from an article about a band that has released 20 albums in about 25 years...

It just struck me as very odd that there is a real Queen-fanclub on h2g2 but not one official Queen-entry. And as Shazz always welcomes copy for the Post, well...swatting two flies in one stroke!

TM.

Queen h2g2-entry ???

Post 4

Danny B

Speaking as a sub-editor... smiley - winkeye

If the entry is too huge, you mind find it being split into more than one entry at the editing stage. It may make everyone's life less stressful (especially yours!) if you write several small articles rather than one massive one. Of course, you could always make it into a University project smiley - smiley

Danny B.

Queen h2g2-entry ???

Post 5

TowelMaster

Hello Danny,

Well, I might send in my Queen-entry to the Uni and suggest we then start a project to include all solo-work, references to Queen, etcetera. The article I am planning will be more like my Peter Gabriel article(see my space). That article was accepted some time ago and the I am quite fond of the lay-out of the piece. There is so much good info on Queen on the web that I just don't see the use in writing a generic Queen-article that just holds the facts. Of course the facts are multo importante but a bit of a 'critics-angle' would be nice. Otherwise I/we could just link to the official Queen-site and be done with it.

But anyway, I will post on 'Queen-space' when I have my initial draft ready, so the members can have a go before I send it to Peer Review. After all, I AM a member of the h2g2 Queen-fanclub now. smiley - winkeye

BTW : Do we all agree that the best way to finish a post on Queen would be with a smiley - magic ? smiley - smiley

TM.

Queen h2g2-entry ???

Post 6

Researcher 178815

Well, there is *one* official Entry on Roger Taylor, as you'll know if you've read the News section of the club - But, I think its such a task that people are trying to make so great and big, and unbelievably ginormous, that they're a little put - off.. Procrastination does that to you, you see smiley - winkeye

That's cool, TM, Good luck! smiley - smiley I've said in the news secotr that I myself will help if wanted to, if I get the time myself smiley - smiley I, as a fan want to be able to say there's an official Queen entry in the guide smiley - smiley not just one on Roger Taylor, as good as it is smiley - smiley

smiley - coolaka (",)smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more