A Conversation for The H2G2 Programmers' Corner

Call To Arms

Post 21

Dancer (put your advert here)

I don't think I understand your last question, sorry, it is hard for me sometimes, because I'm not a native english speaker, so meanings of sentances sometimes escape me.

About XP, I didn't read anything about it. Personally, I don't get worked up at MSes operating systems (Better named Operating Programs sometimes).

smiley - hsif
Dancer

Call To Arms

Post 22

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

lol

I must admit that my english is probly worse and yet i live in the UK so you can never be perfect. smiley - winkeye

Windows XP is suposed to come with Alpha Blending built in. but if I ever get XP I won't be able to make anything for it.
(64bit restriction) so none of our 32bit apps will run on it. idiots!

all well, this function needs to be as fast or faster depending on how smart they have been.

-- DoctorMO --

Call To Arms

Post 23

I reread the question and understood what youre asking.
I don't think windows knows what is displayed beneath your application, because it doesn't send any draw messages once it's covered.

If what you want to do is to make part of the window invisible, it is done using reigioned window, I'll have to check how it's done with VB, but with C++ it is quite a simple task smiley - smiley

smiley - hsif
Dancer

Call To Arms

Post 24

I can regioned windows in VB no problemo,

I need Alpha Channel Blenning thats all, hows the DLL comming or are you a bit buisy at the mo?

-- DoctorMO --

Call To Arms

Post 25

I'll write it in the weekend smiley - smiley

Can you e-mail me something in VB to check it later on?

smiley - hsif
Dancer

Call To Arms

Post 26

how can I write somthing in VB if I don't know the calls? I'll have to know what your calling it with first and I'll creat somthing to test it with

-- DoctoRMO --

Call To Arms

Post 27

I'll e-mail you a dll that has the right function, but it does nothing and returns 42, then you can write your stuff, and hopefully it will test if the dll is going along fine.

Don't worry if the VB program won't be perfect, I can change it, it is just hard for me to write the whole test program because I have a verry weak memory and I didn't write VB for over 4 years.

I did my dll by your instructions from post 17

smiley - hsif
Dancer

Call To Arms

Post 28

cool, I'll get right on it then.

-- DoctorMO --

Call To Arms

Post 29

I've got the DLL and tested it with

Private Declare Function ChannelBlend Lib "GfxLib.dll" () As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
MsgBox ChannelBlend
End Sub

and It returnes 42 perfectly

First Steps

-- DoctorMO --

Key: Complain about this post