A Conversation for Lemmings - the Classic Computer Game

Blockers

Post 1

Beware - 1+7+(9 x 3) + 3 + 4 = 42!!

There is one way to stop a blocker blocking, and that is to make him change passive state to a faller - basically you have to mine or bash underneath him so there is no ground for him to stand on. In later versions of the game, this method should be employed to save 100% of the lemmings, not just 99%.

Builders

Post 2

Beware - 1+7+(9 x 3) + 3 + 4 = 42!!

If memory serves, Builders had 12 slabs, but the last three made a 'plink' noise, so you knew when the lemming was going to finish. this is easier with the music off.

The other annoying thing was that if the builder didn't have enough headroom, he would stop.

Cousins of Builders are pavers, which pave horizontally, in Lemming II - The tribes.

Builders

Post 3

Solsbury

The builders also turn to the screen and shrug their shoulders when they run out of slabs.

Builders

Post 4

SmartGamer, Keeper of That Which Breaks Down Easily [(11*5)-(4*2+5)=42] (Scout)

Stupid Lemmings Trick- to make a Lemming reverse direction on his own, use a Digger and a Builder. Dig down a little bit (so you can actually walk over the gap) and set the Lemming to a Builder. He'll drop one brick, hit his own wall, and do a 180. The pit's small, (right?) so he'll walk out in the opposite direction. If a Walker reaches the pit, he'll just keep going...

This is a required technique to solve one of the levels, but I can't remember which one...

--SmartGamer

Builders

Post 5

Pete, never to have a time-specific nick again (Keeper of Disambiguating Semicolons) - Born in the Year of the Lab Rat

Several have to be solved that way, actually. Annoyingly, one of them is unsolvable in the Win95 version because of the way bashers are handled smiley - sadface

Another annoyance with the Win95 version is that several levels are missing: the Fun version of "We all fall down", and the ones with special graphics such as "MENACING!!!" and "A Beast of a Level", and some others.

Builders

Post 6

Pete, never to have a time-specific nick again (Keeper of Disambiguating Semicolons) - Born in the Year of the Lab Rat

Oh, and I think lemmings live in northern tundra (e.g. Lapland) rather than the Arctic per se.

Key: Complain about this post