A Conversation for Yateley (Hampshire, U.K.)

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 1

vegiman:-)

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262
This forum is to criticise and praise the writers efforts. Correct grammer and spelling. After posting your views, go to the next forum and and add any further knowledge or similar experiences etc. that the writer may use at:

http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=7318&thread=14412
DONT read others reviews. It's your opinion that is required not your opinion on what others have said. If you end up saying the same as someone else then the writer is more likely to agree with your points.

Just click on the first REPLY BUTTON in this forum - you can check what others have to say after posting your views. Thank you.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 2

Mark Rest

Overlong. maybe could do with more humour. On the plus side its added a lot of detail to my sketchy knowledge of the place.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 3

The Dancing Tree

If you consider the article too long then let me know which bits you think are superfluous!

My opinion of the length of the article was that it tried to cover the main aspects of the town. The opposite of this, of course, is the "one-liner" which is typically being avoided (I recently got an article on Derby which was three lines long to sub. No content anda pretty bad thing for such a large town).

As for humour, well, again this is only put in where necessary. There's no point in shoving it in for the sake of it. And Yateley's not a funny place anyway! smiley - smiley

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 4

Fenchurch M. Mercury

I like it. Very in depth (I cheated and read the other review, but I can't help but think that if someone went to the trouble of looking this particular subject up in the guide, they'd be interested enough to read it all, as it does contain useful information and isn't just rambling). I like how you do keep it realistic, give good examples of things to do, and at the same time make it sound like what it is. Maybe a bit about... I don't know how you do things in England, but the local government? I've been going through the articles on all these places and no one has ventured into local government and I wonder if it should be added, so I'm just seeing what other people think about that.
The start is a bit awkward; maybe the article should be rearranged to add the fast food places to the bottom, it's just a bit of a jolt to go from good fish and chip places to the history. That, or bring all the other activities to the top to follow and leave the history for the end, though I do this the town's past is a good lead in.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 5

kat

if if was going to Yatley then this would be very useful. as I am not it is still an interesting look at place I have never been before.
after reading what the guide has been accepting recently i think this i what they are looking for. is a bit lacking in humour, but that is not neccessarily a bad thing.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 6

Frustreren

A bit long and drawn out in places, but nevertheless, an excellent Guide entry. I just noticed a few (supposed) comma errors, but who am I to know a thing about commas? Oh, the last paragraph seemed to stick out from the rest of the flow and could be rearranged.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 7

Sparrow Hawk

I think being very in-depth about a place is a good thing, especially if one is thinking about going there one day.

It seems to have just enough of everything(including humor), and I really love the ending.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 8

Ginger The Feisty

I thought this was a good article although I don't think it will make me want to visit Yately except for the market!

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 9

cafram - in the states.

Very informative, but a bit drawn out...maybe pictures would help?

Overall really good!! smiley - smiley

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 10

vegiman:-)

Well done, I see this page is now an official entry to the h2g2 guide.
all the best vegimansmiley - smiley

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 11

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Grammatical note: really need spaces after the a) and b), rather hard to read without them.

Content note: I'm sure it is a fine article, but it is rather windy, and it sort of meanders, so it doesn't do much to hold the readers attention.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 12

Paul the Brake

I enjoyed the artilcle, sounds a lot like Wickford Essex regaurding the youth and the cctv but unfortunatly the pubs here leave a lot to be desired.

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 13

Paul the Brake

I added my review before reading any of the others as requested before reading any of the others, once I had post my review I read the others and I must say GargleBlaster I know your review is your opinion but What???

PLEASE REVIEW/A54262

Post 14

Paul the Brake

I wrote my review before reading the others as requested, after I posted it I read the others and I must say GargleBlaster "I know you are entitled to your opinion but What???"

Key: Complain about this post