A Conversation for House Dances

No Subject

Post 1

TowelMaster

A vivid account Uncle Heavy smiley - smiley Good reading.
I'm happy to say that the days of schoolparties have been over for quite some time now for me... smiley - devil

BTW : I think you say in your article that Heijneken comes from Denmark. That is probably the most frequently made mistake about beer in the world. smiley - ale Carlsberg comes from Denmark. Heijneken comes from Holland...
Of course that is a fact that a lot of the Dutch tend to remain silent about when they are abroad... smiley - smiley

TM.

No Subject

Post 2

Uncle Heavy [sic]

no, the most frequently made mistake is the actual purchace of the vile stuff.

If you are Danish, I apologise profusely. smiley - smiley

Let's give this a title shall we?

Post 3

Post Team

Actually TM is Dutch! smiley - laugh

shazz smiley - magic

Post 4

Uncle Heavy [sic]

in that case he should be ashamed

smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

I like this smiley - biggrin
*grins*
Our school dances were never like this, more of a poor disco in the hall... the final one last year was great fun though as we organised it ourselves smiley - biggrin

Post 6

TowelMaster

Oh well, as far as beer goes Heijneken is fine for me. It's just that the Americans can find a MacDonalds everywhere they go in the world, and the Dutch just cannot escape Heijneken, where ever they go.
I've been to Taiwan and the hotel had two beers : Heijneken and a Chinese beer that - as it turned out - was made in China by........Heijneken ! smiley - winkeye

TM.

Of course I am more of a Scotch-lover(Single Malt)...smiley - stiffdrinksmiley - bigeyes

Post 7

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

So where do you stand on 'Jack Daniels'?
*awaits poor jokes about standing on a guy called Jack*

Post 8

Frankie Roberto

Nice article Uncle Heavy, the event sounds like a lot of fun... smiley - smiley

Post 9

shrinkwrapped

*sniff* this article is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.

Frankie Roberto, what do you think you're doing, h2g2ing while on Holiday!

Honestly, there really is no reasoning with that boy.

Post 10

Uncle Heavy [sic]

frankie, did you actually read the article? which part of the whole shamefuul process seems to you like fun? smiley - tongueout

yes, our dances are special. here, we do things in *style*

Post 11

monkey butler leader (Keeper of the Cardboard Boats and Muse of Love Squares)on holiday again!

good article, also a pretty good description of my high school dances, but without the barsmiley - sadface

Post 12

TowelMaster

So where do you stand on 'Jack Daniels'?
*awaits poor jokes about standing on a guy called Jack*

/Quote

I don't touch the stuff. I think it's horrible... Just good ol'Single Malt Scotch for me... Almost everything with "Glenn" in front of it smiley - smiley. Best one so far was Glennrothes(sp?)

TM.

Post 13

Uncle Heavy [sic]

im not a spirit drinker myself...except when i have one goal in mind...but that happens infrequently

Post 14

TowelMaster

Well I'm always reminded of something that Pete Townshend of The Who put in the credits of his first solo-record :

"Thank you Remy Martin for saving my life by making the stuff so bl**dy expensive"... smiley - smiley

TM.

Post 15

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

*laughs*
I like that smiley - smiley

Jack Daniels is good for sore throats, and yes that's for soothing them not causing them smiley - tongueout

Post 16

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i find it just burns my throat

Post 17

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

Hey! We never had these... we were expected to go out and find the opposite sex all on our own... smiley - sadface

Post 18

Frankie Roberto

I'm sure that's not too hard for someone as nice as you smiley - winkeye

Post 19

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

Oi.. stop with the sweet-talk, you... smiley - winkeye Nah, we did well enough. It did help having a school full of boys next to us... smiley - biggrin

Post 20

Uncle Heavy [sic]

well we dont have a school full of girls to aid us in our quest...the latest one of these im going to is themed, by the school we are going to, as 'ghetto hos and their pimpz'

can you wait?

Key: Complain about this post