A Conversation for Site Update Discussion Page

Makes it more fun!

Post 1

Tom I.

Hello world! Here's my answers to the intriguing lot of questions! smiley - smiley

>Do you think h2g2's new site features are useful?

Definitely. (I'm primarily focusing on the changes regarding the subeditors.) With the new system, subediting happens more on the site. It is a step towards a guide that can handle more growth, when it comes to the editing part.

>Have you gotten a chance to use the new buttons yet?

I did! The start of the new system corresponded very well with me having a new batch, and I was sure to edit the articles assigned to me as fast as I could. That gave me a chance to fiddle with the new buttons, and I truly loved it! (Of course, most of the fun lies in the editing itself. smiley - smiley)

>Will writers notice any change in how Peer Review behaves?

The new system could make the whole author-peer review-subeditor process more open, thus inspiring more communication between the parties, and a more focused path towards a complete edited guide entry.

>Do you think the Peer Review system will become more efficient or >speedy?

The new system can make things more efficient on the subeditor side. In turn, that could inspire the participants in peer review, including the authors, to work more efficiently. You could theoretically write up an entry on saturday, and see it on the front page on tuesday. I'd like to think so, anyway.

The very most important thing, though, is that we actually notice things going on with the guide. It's on the move, both when it comes to content, functionality and under the hood-stuff. I like that, the changes keep the spark. Pretty much like a relationship. smiley - smiley

Makes it more fun!

Post 2

Post Team

Thanks for your thoughts, Tom I. Yours is the most unabashedly supportive opinion I've heard. I'm glad you like the changes so much. And you even got to fiddle with the buttons! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more