A Conversation for Australian and NZ Researchers

new researcher from Sydney

Post 1

andrewwmoz

Hi I'm Andrew from the western suburbs of Sydney. Found h2g2 originally when searching for sites on the actual show "Hitchhikers G to the Galaxy". But have been looking at this site for hours. It's amazing and everyone seems much friendlier than other parts of the web.

Post 2

Ivan the Terribly Average

Welcome! smiley - cheers

I'm in Canberra, but I turn up in Sydney quite often, especially if there's a h2g2 meet on.

I expect someone will add you to the list sooner or later, but come to think of it I'm not sure if I'm on the list myself.

smiley - run *goes to check the list*

Post 3

smiley - sadface No, I'm not on the list. *thinks - who has edit access?*

Anyway - yes, you're quite right, this is a friendly place, and it's only strange some of the time.

smiley - redwineIvan.

Post 4

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Don't believe a word of it!!! This place is strange MOST of the time smiley - laugh

Ivan, what you and andrewwmoz need to do is add a "Please add me" thread and Cafram will add you to the list next time around.

Hint: It may not happen straight away - but it will happen smiley - winkeye

andrewwmoz, I've left you an ACE welcome to help you get the hang of this place

Feisor
smiley - peacedove

Post 5

Pond_Rat [life is weird - laugh at it.]

Hey andrewmoz welcome to the weird-wired-world of H2G2.

As you're from the west then perhaps when the issue of the next meet arrises you will vote for somewhere other than Newtown? smiley - huh

* ANYWHERE other than Newtown please - I personally think Milliways would be the ideal venue, but no-one seems to have the means of getting there. *

smiley - sorry Linus but we need a change of venue...

Post 6

tanzen

Another Aussie smiley - ok

*rubs hands smiley - evilgrin*

Soon we will be able to take over all of hootoo - MWOHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Post 7

Feisor - I did the 'please add me' thing when I first got here, and it hasn't happened yet.. smiley - erm Not that I feel my life's blighted or anything, you understand. (Not by that, anyway.)

On the subject of alternative venues for a meet - it's fine by me, as long as it's somewhere that can easily be found by an out-of-town person using public transport. (This is assuming CityRail doesn't hit upon cancelling *all* trains to make sure none of them are late, of course.)

smiley - redwineIvan

Post 8

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

All these Aussies coming out of the woodwork, so I bumped up this convo F72190?thread=178765&latest=1 , but apart from Feisor no-one here is subbed to it smiley - wah

What if I offer free smiley - ale, smiley - redwine, and smiley - choc ?

*siddles over to Kiaora/G'day 2 thread holding armful of bribes*

Key: Complain about this post