A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

Splitting the Peer Review into categories

Post 1

Calroth

This is probably the best place for me to post a few ideas about the Peer Review process? Here we go, anyway...

I like the concept, but it could get unwieldy, because I suppose that there could be hundreds of entries which want to be submitted. So maybe a system of splitting Peer Review forums into categories, like arts, people and places, sciences, etc., so I can find stuff which I can review usefully more easily?

Of course, way down the track, this could lead to the entire Edited Guide being categorised...

What do you folk think?

Post 2

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

I agree with you. it's a great idea!

But:
If you wanted to just look through all of them, you would have to go through, say five forums, so it could be a bit tiresome smiley - winkeye

Why does everyone fail to notice that the Guide *is* categorised? http://www.h2g2.com/browsesmiley - smiley

::Lisa

Post 3

Mark Moxon

Indeed - that is a good idea. The best solution would be to follow the current Life/Universe/Everything structure.

I think we'll check how the PR page goes for the next couple of weeks, and if it does indeed get too scary, we can split it up. Great suggestion - thanks!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more