A Conversation for Thanks for Registering with h2g2 - Welcome!

hitchhikers

Post 1

masteroforion

I believe that we, and when i mean we i mean all of us who have
contributed to h2g2, are a rare and vanishing breed of people
who seek more in life than the daily grudge routine of wake
up go to work come home and go to to bed. We are the last fire
that is keeping this small insignificant planet running.
Without us this world would be extrodinarly dull. I think that
now coming together and making this page we have sparked the last
intrest on this planet. And when we finally come to this approching
century we will be the ones to stand up and say that we have aimed
to the ground long enough now we should look upward up towards the
clouds and beyond that we should look towards the stars. I mean
we have all had those dreary nights of insomnia where we have
sat around and read a book from the hitchhikers trilogy while
pondering the question of life the universe and everything.
We are a rare breed that has a strange unexpainable lust for life,
and thanks to the great Douglas Adams we have found a place to nuture
that desire, for we are the indestructible Hitchhikers. And that is
all I have to say

hitchhikers

Post 2

Eric Cartman

When will the Oxford English Dictionary finaly catch up with us and change the entry for `TRILOGY` to mean `that which is 5 parts` ?????

or an I the only one to notice that???

hitchhikers

Post 3

Cardinal Fang

It would be easier if the entry was:- TRILOGY - "Ask Douglas Adams for a definition", as I'm sure there
will be another instalment on the way.

hitchhikers

Post 4

Eric Cartman

Ah!! But if you ask Douglas Adams if there will be another book, he'll say no, like he did after writing 'So long, and thanks for all the fish' I just want to know if someone is going to re-publish the original radio scripts?? I had a copy and lent it to someone, who then buggered off. And I also lent them all the books, including an autographed 'Mostly Harmless' Hardback. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!1

hitchhikers

Post 5

Plain ole Pat

did I remember to thank you properly for that autographed hardcover...............................................

Hardcover Book

Post 6

Eric Cartman

I don't think it was you I lent it to. It was Lyndsay Roe, she lives in Milton Keynes, and if I ever catch up with her im gonna remove parts of her anatomy with a teaspoon. And get the books back. Im getting Hitch Hikers Withdrawl Symptoms (You know, random quoting, sketch re-enactment, that sort of thing!)

books

Post 7

houdi

mmmmmmmmmm books!

Hardcover Book

Post 8

Plain ole Pat

you know, if you don't want to take credit for loaning me the book(or blame for that matter) you don't need to deny it completely.

pat

books

Post 9

Red

mmmmmmmmm.
I agree!

hitchhikers

Post 10

Cardinal Fang

Ahaa Radio Scripts, thanks for reminding me. There appears to be a pattern forming here. I too had the scripts
and loaned it to my brother some years ago. I haven't got it back yet, and I'm not sure what the bigger crime is
Him not returning it, or me forgetting I had it in the first place. I do believe a phone call is required.

hitchhikers

Post 11

TRED

Concerning another installment of the Hitchicker's trilogy: when Mr. Adams came to Indiana University last semester and spoke to a small audience of a few hundred fellow hitchikers, one of the questions asked of him was, of course, "Will there be a sixth book to the trilogy?"

Douglas' answer was interesting. He said that it would be very difficult to write another book, considering everyone is dead at the end of the 5th one, but he also amended that comment by saying that in a universe such as the one described in the Hitchiker's Guide, he's sure he could find some way of continuing the stories of Arthur, Zaphod, Ford, Trillian, and, of course Marvin. This answer was straight from the mouth of the Man himself, so we'll see. Also, production of a Hollywood budjet full-length movie of The Hitchiker's Guide is going on as we speak.

So, it won't be long before we see something new, I'm sure. Whether that be a book, a movie, or something almost, but not entirely, quite unlike tea.

Signing off after my first forum reply,
TRED

hitchhikers

Post 12

Nigel The Goatless

Wasn't it six by now?

Or am I seeing double?

hitchhikers

Post 13

Goo Snargh

Actually, I don't think that there will be a sixth book, especially after the incident with Random, Arthur, Agrajag, etc. (read "Mostly Harmless", Ch. 25, and "Life, the Universe, and Everything", Ch. 17) or am I just assuming that Arthur Dent is dead? Possibly he lived on, but he would have to die by now, according to Agrajag...
Oh well...

hitchhikers

Post 14

Repvblic

Well, while the final moments of Mostly Harmless seem to indicate an impending demise for Dent and et al, however Agrajag's revalation simply states that Arthur *can't* die until he vists Beta. So, he can die now, but it doesn't necessarily mean he did, or will.

hitchhikers

Post 15

Kota

All I can say is amen to that. Amen.

hitchhikers

Post 16

Goo Snargh

hitchhikers the movie

Post 17

netsson

Question: Didn't they do a movie some years ago or is it me imagine wishful thinking?

hitchhikers

Post 18

Demon Drawer

Question is everyone dead after the fifth book?

After all surely the ship that Trillion arrived on is somewhere in orbit. Surely one of our hitchhikers has a electronic thumb. Ah the plot thickens, over to you Douglas.

hitchhikers

Post 19

The Cow

All you need is a different slice of the General Mish Mash.
Or Zaphod uses the Guide Mark II to catch up with Ford Prefect (who is discontinuous along the probability axis) and brings back Earth.

hitchhikers

Post 20

BLuE (the wierd one who thinks he has a martian living in his tree )

yes if they used the infinite improbability drive they coul all be save, but of course there probably would be monkeys, and there was a movie but it was just the tv series on one type and not of to high a quality but still pretty funny

jingle bells

BLuE

Key: Complain about this post