A Conversation for Thanks for Registering with h2g2 - Welcome!

h2g2's best movie of all time

Post 1

infinite_warp_speed

i'm just curious what could be h2g2's best movie of all time. i'm new here and i believe a good way of finding out of what persuasion are the people here is to have an idea of what kind of movie they watch or see.

smiley - smiley

Post 2

clevergazza

the Besy movie of all time has to be the great escape

Post 3

John M

Oh-oh. A single best movie? Now that's really the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.
What makes a movie best? What makes anything best? At best, aren't Bests short lived little creatures? I mean where's a Best when you're at your worst? Nowhere to be found, that's where.
Be careful here. You give a Best to much attention and it starts to swell up, too many people agree that your Best is The Best and BOOM! no more Bests.
Now that I've bested myself, what's my Best?
The Maltese Falcon with Bogart, Greenstreet et all. It's definitely one I can watch over and over - have watched over and over. What's yours?

Post 4

leighabbyleigh

Personally the best movie of all time is Brazil. It was a shining (filmic) light in the 80s - the only other beacon of course being a certain author's novels.

Post 5

Soup Waiter

some hindi films are quite good, checkout Sholay, its old but classic smiley - cakesmiley - tea

Post 6

infinite_warp_speed

yeah, what is the Best is subjective, that is, if ever there is a Best for a particular person. But having a Best or none at all, and in case of the former, what is, reveals more or less the values, principles, wants and dreams of that particular person, which is precisely why the question was asked in the first place.

Best wishes.smiley - smiley

Post 7

faeriecrone

The best movie of all time is The Secret of Roan Inish.

Post 8

pizpot_gargravar

the best movie of all time is Highlander

Post 9

blueflax

I think The Lord of the rings is best, all three of them...
smiley - spidersmiley - pumpkin

Post 10

m_ambika

it depends on what all movies u have watched ....and also depends on the taste and ur lifestyle and priorities..smiley - cake

I believe movies like Gone with the wind, God father , beautiful mind ansd few others can be enjoyed by most of us anytime..smiley - bubbly

did u all note one thing? when we think of the best movies we try not to think of any movies with too much of graphics and e-t stuff? any says? eh

Post 11

brivel

The best movie of all time..............has yet to come!smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more