This is the Message Centre for DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Now Working!

Post 1

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Great news, I'm finally working and doing stuff; at last I'll be able to pull in some money and buy that laptop I've been after.

Now Working!

Post 2

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Huzzah! Let us know how long it is before the novelty wears off smiley - winkeye

Well done smiley - bubbly

Now Working!

Post 3

3 days smiley - tongueout only kidding the first few days are always tiring getting back into the frey after so long away.

Now Working!

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - laugh Well done on getting a job smiley - magicsmiley - biggrin

Now Working!

Post 5

I'll be glad of the work, my wife will be glad of the money and I'm sure she'll be happy that I'm cycling 8 miles each way to work so my legs will be ultra fit by the end of the year.

Now Working!

Post 6

*slowely sorting through backlog) smiley - bigeyes So, hows the job going?

Now Working!

Post 7

Oh I got a new one, not so far away and more money.

Now Working!

Post 8

Excellent! smiley - biggrin
Oh, and I've even got a job now smiley - yikes Only three days a week (though it always seems to take more), but its a decent 'proper' job which now at least would mean I could apply for those jobs that I couldn't ever apply for until I had the experiance.... smiley - magic

Now Working!

Post 9

Why do people think I do so much volunteer programming, being a manager of a bunch of volunteers for a project is 10 times harder than for a business. Although it's worth it because you can be good at your job.

How's the job so far?

Now Working!

Post 10

Its going well apparently.... AS far as I'm concerned I@m just making it all up and bluffing it as I go along, but judgeing by my three month probationary period review thing, my manager seems to think I know what I'm doing... and I'm certainly not going to let on that I'm just making it up and bluffing as I go smiley - biggrin Just actually got back from a meeting work wise in London stricly speeking we finished hours ago just before 4 PM, but I couldn't be doing with the rush hour trains and travel so I met up with Roymondo and had a few beers and got a far later train home missing the rush smiley - biggrinsmiley - ale

Now Working!

Post 11

Most employment systems seem to asses how good your bull siting is. This may explain why I've never had trouble getting a job.

Now Working!

Post 12

smiley - biggrinWas talking about this last night, to my lodger who works in a very simular field and he actually seems to think I do* really know what I'm talking about, just that I don't know that I know what I@m talking about smiley - huhsmiley - biggrin Mind, some of it is beyond me, but thankfully we have Google and I know how to use it and research stuff smiley - magic Trying to get my head round XML and SCORM packages at the moment, though thankfully don't think I'll actually* have to create them myself, just write the content for them smiley - ermsmiley - weird Seems weird to me really how things are 'parceled' up, we write the content, someone else is the 'tech' person and puts it into the templates ... Can't see myself why I shouldn't just do the lot you'd think it'd make things easier, though of course I won't suggest that to the managers unless I get boared and just learn the creating the packages thing for myself smiley - erm I like to know how* things work smiley - erm

Now Working!

Post 13

Sounds interesting, although I would have 749'ed the dadsj;a;jdfgnafcv

Warning, doctormo has crashed, please reboot after brain cooling has finished.

Key: Complain about this post