A Conversation for Big Bandwagon - The Lounge

The Seance

Post 1

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Pulls three chairs around a table, draws the curtains shut, lights candles, turns off lamps */

Cafram and Infinity, I hope this doesn't spook you out, but I would like to find out what the future has in store for us.

If we sit here in the gloomy candlelight we may be able to contact the smiley - ghost.

Or maybe we can contact those dearly departed from the Big Bandwagon, like sea, aka, Rama and Don Alfredo, which would be much more interesting than talking to some smelly old smiley - ghost.

Ready?
smiley - dog

The Seance

Post 2

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I have a feeling this will be very effective. I sense a nearby presence.

The Seance

Post 3

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

*sits on a chair, takes a deep breath*

Ready

The Seance

Post 4

Infinity, Thingite Grand High Witch and wysiwyg the black cat. Please participate at A626221.South Africans to A579459

Brrrr I feel a little chilly.

*looks around nervously*

Should we hold hands or something?

The Seance

Post 5

/* Takes Infinity's hand */

I think we're supposed to think happy thoughts too, or was that what you do when you want to fly?

Anyway, maybe if we put the name of the person who we are trying to contact in our own name, we will have more luck.

/* goes to his preference screen to change his name */

The Seance

Post 6

*closes her eyes and thinks happy thoughts*

*wonders if she is going to fly or see the dearly departed and the missing*

The Seance

Post 7

It doesn't seem to be working. Maybe we need appropriate seance music.

/* puts on a Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros CD */

Ok, it might not be good for a seance, but at least I like it.

The Seance

Post 8

soeasilyamused, or sea

The Seance

Post 9

Infinity, did you hear something?

Hello? Hello? To whom are we speaking? If you are posting from the great beyond post one smiley - donut. If you are posting from beyond the wall, post two smiley - donut.

The Seance

Post 10

soeasilyamused, or sea

smiley - donutsmiley - donut

The Seance

Post 11

Wooohooo! Contact!

Ok, now try to make a face out of smileys, like this:

smiley - donutsmiley - donut
....smiley - smiley....
smiley - hotdog

It's hard to get the nose in the right place, but since you are posting from beyond the garden wall, I do not doubt your great wisdom and ability to do this.

The Seance

Post 12

Whoops, I forgot to ask a question.

(ahem)

What is life like after the Big Bandwagon?

The Seance

Post 13

soeasilyamused, or sea

[ghostly voice] i suppose about the same as before, except you appreciate h2g2 a bit more...

The Seance

Post 14

Yow! Your voice is coming straight out of Zeppo's mouth. It's a very eerie effect. I never knew he could channel.

OK, question number two:

um.

Ok, so how's the weather?

The Seance

Post 15

soeasilyamused, or sea

[ghostly voice coming out of smiley - dog's mouth] pleasant and sunny... on h2g2 it's always beautiful.... smiley - winkeye

The Seance

Post 16

Researcher 178815

[ghostly voice coming from zeppos mouth now changes] Yes, Sunny and warm.. You'll like it here you know... smiley - smiley Hi Sea smiley - smiley

The Seance

Post 17

Nice.

But to change the topic a little, I work at a University, and for many years that was in the dean's office advising students. The students who did best, needed little or no help from the dean's office, and often went on to successful careers were the same ones who were studing the thing they enjoyed most. The students who studied something solely because they were under parental pressure to do so often flunked out. Others developed ulcers, and some had nervous breakdowns. It was always sad to watch this happen.

Just felt like saying that. I don't know why. smiley - winkeye

The Seance

Post 18

Two contacts! Yippee!

Good dog, Zeppo!
smiley - dog

The Seance

Post 19

soeasilyamused, or sea

[original ghostly voice] woof. hehehe. hi, aka!

The Seance

Post 20

Researcher 178815

Hiya smiley - smiley Hows you sea? smiley - smiley

Alrigt, Hows Infinity Cafram & d'E? and Zeppo? smiley - smiley

::A Bone pops through a magic wirling vortex::

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

The Seance

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more