A Conversation for 'Richard III' by William Shakespeare

"Looking for Richard"

Post 1

GeVmage

There's an Al Pacino film called "Looking for Richard" that's not an adaptation of the play, but sort of a juxtaposition of narration speculating about how one would approach various aspects of the story, and actual shots of scenes as examples. [URL removed by moderator]
Is it worth mentioning this in the "film" section of this article?

"Looking for Richard"

Post 2

PhilFogg

I think it is.
It's a wonderful movie and offers an entirely different approach to the play - one of Pacino's first words in it is "F#&%!"

Gotta love this guy.

"Looking for Richard"

Post 3

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

I saw this film "advertised" in a video preview I rented a while back, but never got around to renting the video itself. Now I can't seem to find it - is this its title or is it "Searching for Richard" because the clerks also can't seem to locate it for me.

"Looking for Richard"

Post 4

PhilFogg

It's called Looking for Richard or, alternatively, Al Pacino's Looking for Richard.
It's distributed by Fox Searchlight, and has Alec Baldwin, Kevin Spacey, Kevin Kline, Aidan Quinn, James Earl Jones and Winona Ryder in it.
Tell those clerks that if they can't locate a movie with such a cast, they should close down and sell fruits and vegetables instead!smiley - winkeye

"Looking for Richard"

Post 5

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

It is a small suburban store, not renowned for its sophistication!

smiley - winkeye

"Looking for Richard"

Post 6

Mat

I watched this last year on that really popular website. It's great. I was playing the Archbishop of Canterbury in Richard III and decided to find out as much as I could.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more