This is the Message Centre for Toccata

Barcelona 8-)

Post 1

Toccata

In years gone by, the Christmas do at my work has involved hotel accommodation, as people live quite a way from the office (most of us just can't afford to buy homes near to work.) So this year we worked out we could spend the hotel money of Flights, and go have dinner somewhere different. Only difference was that other halves got left out his year. (Sorry Munchkin smiley - winkeye )

So last Saturday I went to Barcelona for lunch!

A long day I was picked up at half five and dropped of again at midnight, but very much worth it.

We unsurprisingly ran out of time, but got to go and see one of the Gaudi (Have I spelt that right?) buildings, and took a quick peak at the unfinished Cathedral. A long late lunch and it was time for a bit of a relax in one of the many little bars before a taxi back to the airport.

The food was wonderful, the people very patient of my terrible Spanish. Now it's another city I have to get back to, to see more fully. Still it proved that it could be done with ease in a weekend.

Sunday was unsurprisingly quite lazy, I spent most of the day dozing, but never mind, it was all worth it. smiley - yawn

Barcelona 8-)

Post 2

Munchkin

smiley - grr Well jealous. smiley - grr

Barcelona 8-)

Post 3

Toccata

You could have spent Sunday dozing, but you chose to play on the computer smiley - laugh

We'll just have to go for a wander next year smiley - smiley

Barcelona 8-)

Post 4

Zantic - Who is this woman??

smiley - cool

Barcelona 8-)

Post 5

The Psycho Chicken -- self respect intact

Ha! Barcelona?
We had a 4 minute McDonalds in Islington smiley - tongueout !

smiley - chick (dead jelly)

Barcelona 8-)

Post 6

Toccata

It was quiet tiring, but hey, it's no more expensive than popping up to Glasgow for the weekend smiley - bigeyes definately need to go back smiley - sadface.

Barcelona 8-)

Post 7

Munchkin

I couldn't stay in McDonalds much longer either. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Toccata

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more