A Conversation for Oasis - the Band

Update?

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

Something is needed about the new album, and a note about the top quality live gigs. Anyone else at the LCCC gigs? They were fantastic!
Just showing my face...

Andy

Update?

Post 2

The Rumpled Academic

New Album? Heathen Chemisty? I got that. For all thos that don't have it, and are thinking of buying it: do. I'll be honest with you, this is not their best album, but not their worst either. On Heathen Chemistry there is Songbird, Stop Crying Your Heart Out and Little by Little. What more could you want? Liam's voice is sounding a little bit strained in some of the songs, but, hey, it had to happen sometime. Oasis are still the graetest band in the world, though, and there are some absolute gems in Heathen Chemistry.
Get it.

Update?

Post 3

Toastie Socks

What is the best album, d'you think? I like Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Update?

Post 4

In order of how I rate them, the albums are as follows:

(What's the Story) Morning Glory
Definately Maybe
Heathen Chemistry
The Masterplan
Be Here Now
"The Blue One" (Barring "Go Let it Out" and "Gas Panic")

Note: The blue one is so called as it is that bad (for Oasis) my friend and I dare not speak its name.....

Update?

Post 5

Fightingdojo

I'd rate them like this:

Definitely Maybe
The Masterplan
Standing on the Shoulder of Giants
(What's The Story?) Morning Glory
Heathen Chemistry

SOTSOG has some good tracks. Granted, it'd be a lot better without "I Can See A Liar" and "Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is" and the best song of that era, "Lets All Make Believe" is on the b-side to Go Let It Out but apart from that it's pretty good.

Update?

Post 6

Fightingdojo

Be Here Now would come after What's The Story in my list, in case you were wondering.

Update?

Post 7

SOTSOG before WTSMG???

Yeah, it had a few top songs, and Let's All Make Believe is a great B-Side, but compare that to the obvious ones plus She's Electric, Roll With It, Cast No Shadow and Some Might Say???

Update?

Post 8

The Update now needs a bit on Alan White leaving. Current drummer (at Glastonbury) is now Zak, son of Ringo Starr of the Beatles...

Update?

Post 9

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

Well I for one put Be Here Now at number one. I love that album!!!

Key: Complain about this post