A Conversation for Oasis - the Band

A personal view

Post 1

HappyDude

Can I start by saying I really do not like Oasis, their music just dose not appeal to me.
I have on several occasions met both the Gallagher brothers, both individually & together and this is just my impression of the two as people
Noel is a real nice guy & despite not liking his music, I cannot say bad word about him.
Liam, what can I say? Hmm… how about believe everything you have ever read in the papers about him.

As I said these are just personal observations.


A personal view

Post 2

rickydazla

I'm not sure I'd get on with the guy, or even want to meet him, but reading about his antics in the papers always makes me laugh. He's one in a million and that's why he's famous.

Liam is a star. A rock and roll star. A rock and roll sstyaaaaaar.


A personal view

Post 3

HappyDude

hes also a pain in the smiley - bleep when you have to deal with him directly.


A personal view

Post 4

rickydazla

He's not singular in that regard though


A personal view

Post 5

HappyDude

trur, but over the years I've delt with a lot of people & few are as big a pain as liam smiley - smiley


A personal view

Post 6

rickydazla

Got any anecdotes?


A personal view

Post 7

HappyDude

how about driveing to the bands first 'top of the pops' appearance, liam a little worse for wear turning round to the river every 2 minutes going 'do you know who I smiley - bleep am?', very irratateing for all present.


A personal view

Post 8

rickydazla

In what capacity were you there?


A personal view

Post 9

HappyDude

Professional, (leave it at that).
My main dislike is the language he uses, a smiley - bleep every other word, despite the fact I have let him know it offends me. This is just disrespectful & is a typical example of the way his attitude to other people & their property. He also can be deliberately argumentative in conversation. I now try to avoid having to deal with him (not always possible but I try, only had do deal with him once so far this year smiley - smiley).


A personal view

Post 10

The Rumpled Academic

I am sure I wouldn't want to meet Liam face-toface, but that doen't stop me loving his music. Whether he's a moron or not, he makes bloody good music. It's good to see that people like Noel, though.

If I met Liam, and he was a moron, and, I don't know, punched me in the face: I could go home and listen to The Masterplan, and forgive him utterly.


A personal view

Post 11

HappyDude

To be fair to Liam he did once ask me what I thought about "his" music, I thought he took the answer pretty well...


A personal view

Post 12

The Rumpled Academic

lol


Key: Complain about this post