This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I lost my Internet connection yesterday

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm wondering whether yesterday's thunderstorm knocked out my modem. In any event, I had neglected to write down the customer service number to call, so I had to wait until the public library opened this morning.
They gave me the troubleshooting phone number, and within fifteen minutes I had the Internet up and running again.

I spent the next hour writing down emergency numbers for various scenarios. Now I can get in touch with all sorts of people and places. Mind you, the next time something goes down, it will be something *not* on my list of numbers. smiley - cross

Post 2

My regained Internet connection is still with me.

Post 3

Of coursem if I had lost it again, I couldn't be posting this.

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Two weeks ago, I have had problems accessing h2g2 as I was keep on getting service not available. I have also problems accessing my emails and other websites temporarily going down.

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

Glad things seem to have settled down for you both. Yes, there have been some blips around, with storms and other things. I had a couple of power cuts, which took the internet down with them, but luckily they were not longer than an hour so it wasn't too inconvenient, although I did have to reset my electric clocks afterwards smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more