This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

A dream. I'd ask you to cover your eyes, but then you wouldn't be able to read this.

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Some dreams have their own special kind of logic. This was one of those dreams.

The other night, I dreamed that I had traditionally removed all my clothing for the book discussion group I ran for more than twenty years. Apparently the people in the group did not do likewise, nor did they even notice my condition. At the end of the dream, one of my co-workers brought me downstairs to a bin where she showed me dozens of sets of clothes that I had discarded over the years.

The next night, I dreamed I was Harry Potter at a graduation party.

A dream. I'd ask you to cover your eyes, but then you wouldn't be able to read this.

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hmmm... I'm sure there will be someone online able to analyse dreams smiley - bigeyes

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I think you should be careful, Paul. smiley - whistle

According to Icy North, there's a BBC directive out about nudity on the radio...we've been speculating whether this applies to online activities...smiley - run

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Paul here is a links that might help you:

http://www.meaningofdreams.org/dream_themes/clothingdreams.htm

http://www.experiencefestival.com/dream_symbol_discard

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

Paul here are two more links:

http://www.thecuriousdreamer.com/dreamdictionary/symbol_alt/6539/

http://en.mimi.hu/dreams/graduation.html

Post 6

ITIWBS

According to traditional, as distinct from psychoanalytical, dream analysts, dreams of nudity presage good fortune.

The first time I had a dream of the character, thinking over the events of the day before, I remembered I'd had trouble finding a clothing article I needed while preparing for school the preceding morning.

Post 7

"According to Icy North, there's a BBC directive out about nudity on the radio...we've been speculating whether this applies to online activities..."

Hi, Dmitri. I doubt that there's a radio listener anywhere who can tell whether the person on the radio is clothed or not, let alone what clothese he/she is wearing. Therefore, the BBC directive would be wasting people's time if it spoke to the issue of what the performers are wearing. Describing nudity might be what the BBC has in mind. I did not describe the state of nudity. I merely mentioned it. Neither did I attach a picture taken from my dream. I don't have the technology for that. smiley - winkeye

Post 8

"Paul here is a links that might help you" {Thinker]

Based on the material in the links, I felt it was hard to live up to the expectations of the people in my book group. The reappearance of those old sets of clothing might mean that the past is not totally gone, but still with me.

Dreaming that I'm Harry Potter is not that hard to analyze. Harry was a person who took action. He didn't sit around waiting for someone else to handle the disagreeable things that happened. I admire him for that. I've often wished I could be more like that.

Post 9

Reality Manipulator

Paul I have also read on the internet that the symbols that appear in your dream may have an opposite meaning, i.e., shown with very little money meaning that you are surrounded by wealth, being shown with lots of money denotes the opposite, etc.

Post 10

In the dream, I was glad to retrieve those long lost sets of clothing. I must have felt poor enough to hoard what I could.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more