This is the Message Centre for Peta

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 1

Peta

Mark and I going on holiday for a couple of weeks', to Cuba, which sounds like a fascinating place.

For a start, it's warm. Anyone that knows me knows that I shrivel up and go into a state of semi hibernation during the winter. I feel the cold, and just shiver all the way through till Spring. I hate winter! So the idea of just escaping and going from this horrible cold wet windy place to somewhere sunny has got to be great, just for that alone.

Cuba itself sounds so good. Lots of people I've spoken to have been, even the woman who sold me my Thomas Cook travellers cheques said she'd been three times, and completely loved it.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/caribbean/cuba/

We're catching flights early Saturday morning, and should be there late Saturday night. We're flying into Havana, staying there for a few days and then hiring a car and just driving around, hopefully staying with the Cuban people in B&B type places.

We've both bought *loads* of film, and Mark's taking his palm so he can do some travel writing about it to put on his site when he gets back.

So nearly the last day here for me for a while. I'm also moving office tomorrow, from the lovely Bush House to the not so lovely White City office; so all a bit of last minute rush around for me!

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 2

J'au-æmne

(smiley - envy)

I hope you have a lovely time smiley - smiley I read quite a lot of stuff on Mark's site a few days ago, and really enjoyed it. I look forward to reading about how you find Cuba...

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 3

Peta

Thanks!

I've been really looking forward to it, it's been very hectic here lately!

Mark will be really pleased to hear that you've been reading some of his travel tales. That site is a bit like a baby to him. smiley - winkeye I don't think he knows whether he likes the writing side of it, or the coding it all up and adding new gizmos to it, bit best. He's always fiddling with it when I get home from work. smiley - smiley

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 4

Whisky

First you get to see the film, now you're off to Cuba?

smiley - erm You don't fancy swapping places for a while do you?
(I'd let you keep Mark though - he's really not my type!)

Sounds like a wonderful break (and of course JimiX will probably be online later on telling you just how close you'll be to PA when you fly over and that you should drop in and see him smiley - winkeye)

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 5

J'au-æmne

I was particularly fascinated by Cyprus, and about the way the political situation affects tourism there...
And I enjoyed reading about Africa, too... I'll probably read some more when I have time.

(The US is a large place, so you'd think, but when Andy was flying back from Los Angeles he managed to fly over a friend of mine's town in Wyoming... so maybe you should stop by PA smiley - winkeye)

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 6

I'm not really here

Can you bring us back some sunshine please?

I hope you have a great time, and it was lovely to see you the other day. smiley - hug

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 7

Jimi X

Whisky's right of course...
Cuba is just a hop, skip and a flight away. smiley - loveblush

Looking forward to seeing some more Edited Guide entries on Cuban food. The bunch you brought back and did from Miami were fab!

It'll be interesting to see how Miami Cuban food compares with the real article in Cuba!

Have a wonderful trip! Smoke a cigar or two for me!! smiley - cool

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 8

Peta

I'll wave as we go over! smiley - hug

I will try to write something for the Guide, it's been a long time! Cuban food was great in Miami, but not sure it'll be as good there, from what I've heard anyway.

smiley - smooch

Cuba, Cuba, Cuba!

Post 9

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit looking for the plain
"Must have missed it, are you sure it was a plain not a time machine?"

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more