This is the Message Centre for Peta

Aspen, Colorado

Post 1

Peta

Hi

I'm off on holiday for two weeks - I'm going ski-ing smiley - ski in Aspen Colorado, and then on to Copper Mountain, which is near Denver.

We're meeting an old friend and her husband there, one of the original h2g2 artists, who is now living in Sydney, Australia.

The USA is halfway between us, so the only really practical way to meet up and go ski-ing together. smiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - ski

Anyway, I'm not around for just over 2 weeks, so if anything happens, don't blame it on me! smiley - winkeye

Peta the smiley - ski

Aspen, Colorado

Post 2

Whisky

Nice... Have fun.

I'm actually having to pay for my ski holiday this year (for the first time in 10 years) my ex-in-laws had a chalet in the Alps they used to lend me, but they went and sold it this summer smiley - sadface.

Probably be going for going up to the Alps for a week at Easter, just to let my son show off that he can ski better than his Dad.

Aspen, Colorado

Post 3

Peta

Hiya Whisky smiley - hug

Oh that's a blow then, how inconsiderate of them! smiley - winkeye Nice to have had it for a while though. smiley - ok

Your lad must be growing up now, especially if he can beat you down the slopes!

We're sharing a condo with our friends, so it isn't *that* expensive, I won't be going anywhere else particularly exciting this year I don't think. smiley - smiley

Aspen, Colorado

Post 4

Jimi X

When you fly over Pennsylvania, be sure to wave! smiley - kiss

And have a brilliant time! smiley - ski

Aspen, Colorado

Post 5

Peta

Jimi! smiley - smiley

Hi there, nice to see you. I'll make sure that I wave to you big time!

And we will come and see you one day! Promise! smiley - biggrin

Aspen, Colorado

Post 6

Jimi X

I can't imagine you'll be flying straight through.

Any flight layovers near the beautiful Keystone State?

Aspen, Colorado

Post 7

Peta

We're flying via Chicago, then on to Aspen - and on the way back out of Denver straight to London.

I don't think we'll be very well place for anything other than ski-ing - but we'd like to do a tour of the states in a while, maybe within the next 3 years or something..

Aspen, Colorado

Post 8

Jimi X

Aww, Chicago is a bit too far away for me to meet up. Even though you guys are flying halfway around the world.

A tour of the states sounds brilliant. I'll be sure to give you the great Pennsylvania tour when you come.

The lovely Mrs X and I were looking into a tour of Northumberland in our distant future. Apparently my family came from there before moving to the New World. Someplace near Alnwick I believe.

Aspen, Colorado

Post 9

Whisky

"Your lad must be growing up now, especially if he can beat you down the slopes"

Erm smiley - blush - he's only nine now - but he's been a better skier than me since he was seven

Thankfully he won't read this site - because he'd never let me live it down if he realised he was far better than me! - I've managed to convince him, up to now, that I'm following behind him just so if he falls over I'll be in the best place to pick him up and help him - Sooner or later he's going to twig it's because I can't keep up with the little so-and-so!

Aspen, Colorado

Post 10

Jimi X

Whisky, kids are naturally more bendy.

My daughters howl with laughter when they see me trying to do yoga. But someday they'll be old like us. Sadly, we'll be even older then. smiley - laugh

Aspen, Colorado

Post 11

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on top
"Happy smiley - skiing smiley - surfer

We used to join my parents every five years, just next time we are going to dive in the Red Sea smiley - envy

Happy time in Aspen, they promise to have great slopes smiley - ok "

Aspen, Colorado

Post 12

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Have a great time smiley - skipeeps!

Aspen, Colorado

Post 13

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Now when you say H2G2 artists are we talking the community group or the internal staff? I can never tell.

Aspen, Colorado

Post 14

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit already seen some postings on POV
"And welcome back, all in one part I presume smiley - skismiley - star "

Aspen, Colorado

Post 15

Peta

Hi Dr MO

It was one of the internal TDV h2g2 artists, not one of the h2g2 community artists. It could have been fun if all of the community artists had come too though! smiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - skismiley - ski

Aspen, Colorado

Post 16

Peta

Good morning Traveller!

Yes, still a bit slow I'm afraid - I'm still slowly catching up on the jetlag, it was seven hours behind so I feel that I'm getting up at 3 in the morning, bleah!

We remembered to wave to Jimi X both ways outgoing and incoming - I was probably a bit north of Boston, but it's as near as we're going to get for a while! Hi Jimi! smiley - smiley

Aspen, Colorado

Post 17

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

hmm so you passed by here anyway, my US geography is pretty bad so all I know is that here is most likely on earth.

Aspen, Colorado

Post 18

Peta

Are you in the States DoctorMO?

I flew London to Chicago, and then on to Denver, and then Aspen, and on the way back flew direct out of Denver to London.

Outgoing we flew much further North, over frozen Canada and the Great Lakes - but coming back we were further south, more over the states.

Aspen, Colorado

Post 19

Jimi X

I had a feeling of general well-being. That must have been when you were waving.

Hope you had a great time and didn't break or sprain anything but your livers! smiley - bubbly

Aspen, Colorado

Post 20

Peta

Actually my liver came out of it really well! Aspen is two miles above sea level, and the air is incredibly, uncomfortably thin.

It's hard to catch your breath to do anything, and the air is completely moisture free too, because any water either freezes out, or evaporates out in the Colorado air - so it's dry and arid and really a pain to breathe.

The *only* advantage, is that at this altitude alchol has twice the effect - so if you drink a couple of glasses of wine, it's like you finished the bottle, you get giggly really quickly - but you don't get the hangovers - because the next morning you only drank a couple of glasses, which your liver can cope with fine!

So great place to get pissed - not so good on the breathing front. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post