This is the Message Centre for Peta

New Team Member!

Post 1

Peta

The Central Community Team have a new team member!

A big welcome goes out to Sona, who joined us last week. smiley - bubbly

We now have five members on our community support team, me, Andrew, Alison, Mina and Sona. smiley - ok

We're all really busy at the moment, and the powers at the BBC decided we could do with an extra pair of hands to give us a bit of extra time to work on some very cool development projects and reorganise the structure of BBC communities internally. BBC communities have grown and grown over the past five or so years, and the structure has grown pretty much organically, which is great, but it's now time for a complete overhall and restructure.

We have many others working on the project too - Dan is Senior Tech Producer of the DNA team, we have the lovely Simon working as Producer of new projects, and Colette and Jane working away on core usability and design issues.

The Central Community project also owes loads to the coders - Jim Lynn of course, plus the two Marks, James, Egor, Tom, Andy and others who dip in and out as needed. The divisions within the BBC also have their own DNA coders now, so they don't rely on the central new media team for new designs and updates to the skins on their sites - they can develop and grow using their own resources.

The SSO Team also deserve a mention, without them no-one could sign in! They now have three team members, led by Tim and they're busy setting up SSO for the new services that are in the pipeline.

So smiley - cake to everyone involved on the project. It's lovely to see it growing and expanding in so many directions. It's actually very exciting to work here at the moment, lots of changes and new developments! smiley - smiley

New Team Member!

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"Welcome to DNA, 'Sona' (as in U685136?)"

New Team Member!

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Welcome Sona!smiley - hug

smiley - flyhi

New Team Member!

Post 4

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on top
"Hey guys, can we be a bit more enthusiastic? Two replies for a welcome is nothing, we should do much more! smiley - biggrin

'Sona', do you have the account I mentioned in a previous post?
(if not, perhaps change it to the correct one!)"

New Team Member!

Post 5

Mina

I don't think Sona has signed up for an account yet.

New Team Member!

Post 6

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"I will warn the ACEs to keep on the lookout.

But on the other hand they will run by within the hour. smiley - ok

For some reason I epect them (Sona) to drop in on HooToo. Should you staff not have a multi site Porsonal Space?
Visitors from 'abroad' would post to you from their own site just to lower the confusion on their side. "

New Team Member!

Post 7

Mina

All Personal Spaces are multi-site in a way, as they appear in all sites. Andrew signed up on the Hub, as that's where he 'sits'. One of the previous team members signed up on WW2, as that's where he felt more at home.

I like the idea that people would stay in their own sites when posting to other people's personal spaces, it would stop confusion, and ending up in another site after clicking 'my space'. There are so many buttons in different places when you find yourself somewhere else! Mind you, I also like the idea that personal spaces have their own skin entirely, and all look the same. And I like the idea that things continue as they are now. smiley - silly Who knows what the future will hold!

New Team Member!

Post 8

Global Village Idiot

So, Peta, when do you hire Dona, Rena, Fana, Lana and Tina?

smiley - winkeye

Just passing through...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more