It's my 7th h2g2 birthday today!

Post 21

Peta

Congratulations traveller! smiley - bubbly

smiley - smiley

Post 22

Spartus

I like to drop in unexpectedly. Makes life more interesting that way. Things are pretty good. Amanda and I, as you may or may not know, got married just over 2 years ago--our anniversary is actually April 2nd, which in the way that Americans notate dates, is, of course, 4-2. This was totally, completely non-intentional. Honestly.

We were actually married twice, once on March 31st by a preacher (in Oklahoma) and got the certificate in Las Vegas on the 2nd. Long story. Anyway, we mutally decided that we should officially celebrate the anniversary on April Fool's Day, which seemed appropriate.

Other than that, workin' and gettin' along. Ant came to visit us back in February. It was the first time we'd seen him since Miami, which was really fun. Chris and Karen (and little Jo) are also planning on coming in September. We are ourselves in the loose planning stages of a visit over there, probably next summer, though we've really only gotten as far as "Hey, let's go to Europe next summer".

On the subject of looking the same, here's the three of us (Amanda, Ant, and me) taken on Venice Beach (pity it was nighttime): http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/spartus_/h2g2/usinvenice.jpg

Hmm, this is entertaining. Perhaps I'll stay a bit. smiley - smiley

Post 23

Ginger The Feisty

Sorry for not answering Peta. The rounders wasn't the first time we met. I think it was about 3 months later. We met in real life in Oxford on 31st May 1999.

Post 24

Hypatia

Happy belated anniversary. smiley - bubbly Sorry I missed the big day. Here's wishing you and all of us another 7 years on this great site.

Post 25

Danisbackfromlunch

I noticed that it was Towel day today, so I had been floating around H2G2 when I noticed that you recently had your 7th birthday. There is a few names in this thread I seem to remember, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello and well done!

My first post was Oct 2, 1999 so i am not far behind smiley - winkeye Although I am guilty of disappearing on extremely long lunch breaks and not being around much.

Keep up the good work!

smiley - cheers

Post 26

amdsweb

Typical. I always miss birthday parties. smiley - sadface

Anyway, hope you are well Peta. I'm so busy I hardly get chance to wander around h2g2 these days. DNA looks nice and shiny - very impressive!

Love & hugs,

Adam (sometimes known as Pulitzer Fleming aka The Hairy Aerosol aka Dr Wonky Mungbean, etc).

Post 27

Peta

Hello Dr Wonky Mungbean

Good to see you back here and posting!

We've managed to inherit all the BBC message boards too now, so the service is pumping!

Take care - have a good wander round! smiley - smiley

Post 28

Ormondroyd

Congratulations Peta! smiley - smoochsmiley - bubbly It's been seven years of good luck smiley - goodluck for h2g2!

Post 29

sunny

Just listening to Stevie Wonder's 'Happy Birthday', so: smiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more