This is the Message Centre for Tabitca

court or caught?

Post 1

Tabitca

Well we went to court yesterday to try and get our money back from the (may he rot in hell) landlord.
We,myself, Nessie and JK,arrived early. I'm still not well, so set off in good time,as I had to stop and rest on the walk from the bus stop.smiley - puff (I seem to have developed mumps or something on top of the chest infection...have swollen glands on one side,so look a bit like a lop-sided hamstersmiley - laugh)
well we were first told by the judgesmiley - bluelight to try and make an agreement by ourselves..so we tried but the landlord changed his mindsmiley - grr after we agreed and we ended up for two hours in court argueing the tosssmiley - rolleyes
He had photos which were of a different cooker, tons of receipts that he claimed it had cost him etc etc...The judge went through the receipts at my request and took up my points on the fact that most of them were for the landlords own shopping, were for dates that were months before we moved out and one even for his newspaper and batteries for his radio!smiley - thief Caught!
Anyway in the end we got over half our money awarded back to us,plus our costs.smiley - 2cents The landlord was still being a nuisance to the judge and as JK said made himself (landlord)look a throughly nasty vindictive piece of work.
So now we have to wait for the court order to go through and the money to arrive.If it doesn't we have to ask the court to get the bailiffs to get it.
It was not a nice experiencesmiley - sadface and I felt like we hadn't really won anything because of what we had to go through.Still it's over now
I can concentrate on getting myself well again and enjoying the nice weather we are having at the moment. Cold but sunny.JK was sitting out in the garden reading today and Nessie went for a walk.smiley - ok
JK has been getting up every morning to feed the catssmiley - cat so I can have a lie insmiley - smileysmiley - zzz
The cats are fine..the sun is shining and things should start to improve
smiley - hug to all

court or caught?

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

hope the helllandlord pays up...

you need to relax.
it is out of your hands. the chance you get your money back is bigger.
you need find your smiley - smiley
smiley - smooch

court or caught?

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - hug

Hoorah! Good wins in the endsmiley - ok

smiley - applause

court or caught?

Post 4

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Much yayage!smiley - magic Glad for you. smiley - cuddle

court or caught?

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Tab! you HAVE won sweetheartsmiley - smoochyou have won the right that keeps your dignity and to hold your head up high - walk tall, money is just a cushion

crap loses every time!

court or caught?

Post 6

I'm not really here

Hope he now coughs up so you don't have to get the bailiffs involved. Hope you feel better soon as well. smiley - hug

court or caught?

Post 7

Yael Smith

I join the congratulations and hope that you take it easy now and rest as much as possible.
Any chance of you only doing one job?

court or caught?

Post 8

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Dear,hope that you get better soon,and glad that you've beaten the mightily nasty landlord!!Take better care,say hello to everyone.smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch

court or caught?

Post 9

Tabitca

smiley - hug Thanks everyone.

court or caught?

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Have you read/heard about this, Tabs?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6531915.stm

court or caught?

Post 11

Tabitca

Thats smiley - cool Thanks smiley - hug
unfortunately too late for us GB...it's a really good scheme though. I've heard from loads of people who have struggled to get their money back.Some just give up but I knew I was in the right so decided not too let him get away with it.

Key: Complain about this post